Learn at home
- Expand your equine knowledge today. Get bang up to date with latest methods & research from this small group of friendly, approachable professional people specialising in equestrian home study courses.
- Gain more confidence in your riding and in the care of your own or riding school horse.
- Do others keep telling you to do this or that with your horse?
- Take a BHS horse owners course or prepare for the BHS Stages.
- Learn to do it your way - the right way!
Not a horse owner? Learn more about the horse you ride by using home study.
- All standards catered for from complete novice to experienced owners and professionals
- Join the hundred plus riders & horse owners taking our equine courses every year.
- Easy to read, easy to use, based on the BHS Stages 1 2 & 3.
- Work at your own speed and in your own time - no rush, no hastle.
- Friendly help from your BHS/qualified tutor on call during & after you complete your course
- Your own personal advice line. We are here to help with any equine questions
- Equestrian management courses professionally produced by experts in the equine studies field.
- Don't feel out of date & left behind. Enrol on a course today.
- Professional Equine Training Provider. Linked via the BHS
- Levels 1 - 3 Equine Care & Managment
- Intermediate & Advanced Diploma programmes
- Based on the British Horse Society Stages 1-3 & ABRS Levels theory knowledge.
- Specialist short courses : Interactive Online Modules : Completion Certificates & Diplomas
- Subsidised fees offer the Levels 1 & 2 courses at a cost of £174 each.
- A totally flexible approach to learning for those with busy lives
- Easy to read course material yet full of detail and depth
- Written in plain English with a non-text book approach
- Learn how to treat wounds and injuries or what to feed and when
- Overcome your nerves or stresses when riding.
- Home Study - Home Testing - Home learning.
- It's the modern approach to training.
- Get ahead of the game, improve your horse, your training systems & performance.
- Your personal tutor is there to offer professional, friendly help & advice. You'll be on first name terms and have as much or as little contact as you wish.
- The support doesn't stop when you finish the course, you're free to call on your tutor for future advice & support.
- Imagine that - your own personal 'equine help line'.
- Recognised nationally & equine industry referred.
- Free Help / Advice / Research
- How the courses work
- How to Get Qualified - a great little book - lots of info
- Your training route for animal jobs & direct equine work
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens at your stables or yard?
- Who seems to be the boss?
- Why be manipulated or even bullied by other horse owners! Get a grip on it.
- You are never alone and can ring or email to ask a real person for advice about equine care & management.
- Free Horse Care Articles & Advice
- Keep one step ahead of the others at your stables?
- Have the confidence to do it your way?
- Update your knowledge & skills within the next few weeks?
- Gain theory knowledge & information for The British Horse Society exams.
- Take your first step towards the BHS Stages 1, 2 & 3 and BHSAI
- Prepare for ABRS or BHS Riding Instructor, Coach or Trainer qualifications?
- Run your own business - livery yard or stables
- Finally prove you know your stuff. Gain Certificates & Diplomas
- Perhaps you have thought about taking a Monty Roberts, Kelly Marks, Pat/Linda Parelli, Michael Peace (our favourite) or natural horsemanship course?
- Can't work out which is for you ?
- Get a good grounding in equine psychology first to help you make an educated choice.
- There are other routes to working within the industry - we can offer help and advice - just email the office. what else you could achieve?
Established 1996 BHS Enjoy Riding BHS Certificated courses
Who uses these courses?
Career students. Owners. Riding school riders.
People who care for & about horses
Prospective owners or who own, loan or share
Experienced horse owners/grooms & anyone aiming to broaden their knowledge
Those aiming to train to become a riding instructor
Parents helping with childs pony. Parents hoping to buy a pony
Yard Managers who need to update their Equine 1st Aid skills
Professional Instructors & trainers:
Trainers & coaches who are up to date now use NLP to help their clients. If you are not using NLP, try the short course on Rider Confidence from NLP trainer Martin Murphy to help your own clients overcome confidence issues. Whether it is for the beginner or your competition rider, the distance learning course is there to help YOU and your clients reach peak performance
Preparation for BHS Stages
& ABRS exams
British Horse Society
Horse Owner's Certificates
Courses & Programmes:
|Reviews from students||Which equine course is right for you ?|
Learn about equine psychology to help overcome your horse's behaviour issues.
Mature students - novice to advanced - all welcomed and full tutor support provided.
Take a break when life gets busy. Pick it up a few weeks/months later when life is more settled.
Do other owners constantly tell you how to do things?
Is everyone telling you different things? Are you unsure who is right and who is wrong?
Learn to do it your way - enrol on a course right away. Start learning in the comfort of your own home today.
We believe everyone should have access to good and reasonably priced knowledge about equine care. To enable this we keep the course fees as low as possible & even in this financial climate have found a way to subsidise some of the fees. Even though we are a not-for-profit group, we are willing to refund the Lingfield Level 1 course fee to student who can show us a distance learning course equivalent in content at a lower price.
This is your home learning route for equine studies courses and to gaining BHS certificates and preparation for professional BHS Stages / ABRS qualifcations.
Would you like to:
Don't listen to others telling you to "do it their way". Learn to do it YOUR way. Take an Intermediate Diploma programme now.
To learn a little more about us click HERE to watch this video
Perhaps you are not yet a horse owner but want to learn about keeping a horse before you buy a horse. Maybe you are thinking of working with horses? This is just the place to get some knowledge under your belt. Start today and get those certificates.
Enrol online today and achieve your goal - What you could achieve
Natural horsemanship - what is it? What course would you take?
Lingfield Correspondence is a member of the UK Learning Providers Register No 10010680. We are a not-for-profit organisation offering friendly home study courses from The Lingfield Instructor Group. We cater for all standards - from riding school rider, those thinking of buying a horse or wanting to learn about horse tack, to Intermediate Diploma level experienced horse owners. We are here to help you as a rider and carer as well as helping the horses you ride, care about and care for. In our book, horses must always come first.
Your privacy is important to us. We have strict procedures in place to ensure details are not passed on to third parties.
Enrol here today and you could start that course right now.
Trade Member of:
- The British Horse Society
- British Equestrian Trade Association
- The Association of British Riding Schools
- The International Group for Equestrian Qualifications
- The Training Directory
- Livery Yard Association - New association for smaller yards
- Essential knowledge for equine studies
- Local Riding site Your one stop resource for everything equestrian.
Lingfield : Listed with the National Learning Directory and Learning Providers for
Learning provider for:
The Lingfield Guide to professional Equestrian Training & Training on a part time basis:
How to Get Qualified
This booklet provides clear explanations on how to gain horse related qualifications in the UK. Nowhere else will you find all this information together in one place. It explains how to gain training & qualifications and details part time training routes for Riding Instructors or Professional Grooms.
Recent review of the training guide : "This is a fantastic little book. It has all the information you need to help you decide which qualification to go for. It has ideas on where to train and how to go about finding the right place and even has information on setting up your own business.
When I was looking around for some sort of training to become a riding instructor and horse trainer, I wanted to train on a part time basis but couldn't find anywhere to take me on. I now know that I just didn't know how to go about it.
I wish this little guide had been available when I was looking for training" Jenny Graham
A must for the mature person thinking about working with horses on a full or part time basis. Suggestions are given about gaining funding for your training. Specific information is given to those aiming at a career change, such as wanting to finally become a professional after being involved for some years or aiming to set up your own livery or equine related business.
£4.95 including UK postage + £2 overseas