Lingfield Equine Distance Learning
- Totally flexible completion dates
- Work at own speed in own time
- We are genuinely friendly & keen to support you.
- We have the real life equine experience & professional qualifications to do so.
Are you too busy to go to college?
Lingfield equine courses
come to youThose Family ties, work commitments, age, entry requirements .... none of these need stop you from:
- Great value for money and genuinely comprehensive equine courses
- Professionally produced 'plain English' horse course material.
- One of our handfull of professionally qualified tutors will work with you on a one to one basis.
- Read about us
Since Lingfield Correspondence started 20 years ago we've helped thousands of students develop their equine skills, achieve certificates / professional qualifications. Complete beginners & mature students especially welcomed.
- Students tell us: 'A great deal more comprehensive than other courses'
- See more testimonials below - We are here for the outcome - not for the income!
Who takes Lingfield courses?
Syllabus examples for Equine Management courses / programmes:
Friendly BHS instructor to help you on a one to one basis by telephone or email
The friendly equine tutor group - a relaxed way to learn.
- Broaden your knowledge or prepare for BHS Stages, ABRS, UKCC, NVQ
- Prepare for work as a Groom, Coach or Instructor
- Gain more confidence in how to care best for your horse
- Subsidies & membership to the British Grooms Association
- BHS web page link to Horse Owners Certwith BHS recommended Lingfield Correspondence
Why use Lingfield equine distance learning courses?
L & B Said: After taking our HOCs with Lingfield, we both needed our BHS Stages 1 & 2 for our Approved Holiday Centre Manager qualifications, so we took a college Stages course. We needn't have spent that time. In the end we used our course notes from Lingfield. These courses are so much more detailed and comprehensive than we realised”
|J North said: "I help out with horse care mucking out and tacking up at a stables. It was suggested I take the "Intermediate Diploma" in equine management which I thought was a bit beyond me. It was actually just right"
|Sam Hayes after completing Level 1 of the Intermediate Diploma programme, Sam took the professional exam and said: "I passed BHS Stage 1! I'm really pleased. I hope to take Stage 2 later this year and don't think there's anything I haven't covered in my Lingfield Intermediate Diploma "
|Amy said: "I was fed up with certain people at the yard telling me I should be doing things "this way" or "that way" - it's so confusing. Taking equine studies with Lingfield horse care has given me the confidence to ignore them and do it my way!"|
Although qaulifications are important to some, it is the welfare of the horse which should come first!
Katie Paris said: "I have worked with horses for over 30 years but needed to brush up and get more up to date. Good layout, easy to read and friendly helpful tutor"
Gail West: completed Lingfield Levels 1 -3, gained her Advanced Diploma. Went on to gain her BHSAI & Intermediate Stable Manager qualification. Now works as a freelance instructor & runs Gail West Equestrian - her own training business.
Equestrian distance learning courses for anyone who enjoys horses and horse care from complete novice, mature riding school rider and from those aiming to own a horse to the career student and experienced owner.
Enrol on a Lingfield equine studies home learning course today - immediate start - no waiting.
- All major credit and debit cards taken on site or by phone. Full & secure online merchant payment process PCI compliant. Instalment plans from as little as £18pm
|More Reasons to choose Lingfield:|
- Work at your own speed in own time
- No fixed completion dates- no pressure
- Mature horse riders and ages from 11 - 70 welcomed
- Self assessment with optional tutor assessed assignments
- Easy to read - written in plain English avoiding text book speak
- Course completion Certificates and Diplomas and optional BHS exams
- Comprehensive equine care & management courses and intermediate diplomas
- A variety of specialist equine distance learning courses on topics as varied as Horse 1st aid & Health, Equine Psychology, Livery Yard Management, Rider Confidence and Equine Feeding & Nutrition.
|How Does it All work?|
- Simply find your chosen equine studies course from the left menu
- Click enrol and pay in full or instalments
- The first module arrives immediately you pay in full
- Work your own pace in your own time
- When you are ready request the next section
- That's all there is to it - no fixed completion dates!
Booklet offer: How to get qualified on a part time basis
Our principles: To work with honesty and integrity to help others. Our logo says it clearly: 'Caring for Horses'. We care about their welfare and about those who do the caring.
Reviews - Read what others say about the courses & view more about us
Trade Member of:
- The British Horse Society
- British Equestrian Trade Association
- The Association of British Riding Schools
- The International Group for Equestrian Qualifications
- The Training Directory
- Livery Yard Association - New association for smaller yards
- Local Riding site Your one stop resource for everything equestrian.
- Find Our Horse Events On HorseEventsUK.com
Lingfield : Listed with the National Learning Directory and Learning Providers for
Learning provider for:
The Lingfield Guide to professional Equestrian Training & Training on a part time basis:
How to Get Qualified
- This booklet provides clear explanations on what qualifications are available
- How to gain horse related qualifications in the UK
- How to gain training & qualifications
- It offers details of part time training routes for Riding Instructors or Professional Grooms.
Recent review of the training guide :
"This is a fantastic little book. It has all the information you need to help you decide which qualification to go for. It has ideas on where to train and how to go about finding the right place and even has information on setting up your own business.
When I was looking around for some sort of training to become a riding instructor and horse trainer, I wanted to train on a part time basis but couldn't find anywhere to take me on. I now know that I just didn't know how to go about it. I wish this little guide had been available when I was looking for training" Jenny Graham
A must for the mature person thinking about working with horses on a full or part time basis. Suggestions are given about gaining funding for your training. Specific information is given to those aiming at a career change, such as wanting to finally become a professional after being involved for some years or aiming to set up your own livery or equine related business.
£3.00 including UK postage + £2 overseas