Learn at Home
Training for BHS Stages exams - Grooms & Instructors
BHS Certificated & Lingfield Intermediate Diploma programmes. Preparation for Stage 1 & 2
During 2014 we are offering BHS Certificated theory courses which count towards BHS Stage 1.
- Novice to Advanced standards welcomed.
- Professional equestrian training by experts in the equine field.
- Friendly, mature personal tutor for all by email or telephone.
- NEW BHS Stage 1 Exam Preparation - subsidised fees. From £30 a month
Home study / equine distance learning at it's very best - start in minutes.
Professional training provider Est 1994. Individual tutor for everyone
- Work at your own speed in own time
- Broaden or update your knowledge this year
- Complete Novice to Advanced equine studies
- Flexible start & completion dates- no pressure
- Optional Horse Owners exam & Lingfield Certs
- BHS Stage 1 exam preparation - subsidised fees
- Easy to read horse courses written in plain English
- Level 1 BHS Horse Owner's Certificate £25pm (£150) - further payment extensions available
- Lingfield Instructors booklet "How To Get Qualified" £3 free p&p. Video visual guide to Stage 3.
- BHS Stage 1 Exam Preparation
- Feeding, First Aid, Ailments, Riding with Confidence
- Equine Management, Psychology, Behaviour, Livery Yard Management.
- Trainers & Instructors: Help clients Ride With More Confidence.
An open access training course (no prior training or qualification req.) Optional skype support with coach Martin Murphy MNLP. Career development.
- BHS Stage 1 Exam Preparation
How does it all work?
- Find your chosen course from the left menu
- Click enrol and pay in full or instalments
- The first module arrives immediately you pay
- Work through the module at your own pace
- When you are ready request the next section
- That's all there is to it - no fixed completion dates either !
Horse Owners Certificate exams: Some courses offer optional British Horse Society exams. Some count towards professional exams - here is how it works:
- Towards the end of your course, decide about sitting the BHS exam.
- A nearby professional tutor will oversee you home based BHS exam.
- NEW: BHS accreditation for Lingfield Horse Owners Certificates.
Instalments available on all courses 3 to 6 months. Paypal 4 months - apply to the office. Subsidised ID fees = Levels 1 & 2 equivalent to only £174 each.
Our principles: To work with honesty and integrity to help others.
Our logo says it clearly: 'Caring for Horses' We care about their welfare and about those who do the caring. Although qualifications are important to some, it's easy to lose sight of the actual issue which is the welfare of horses.
Preparation for professional
BHS Stages & ABRS exams.
British Horse Society
Horse Owner's Certificates.
Your friendly personal tutor will support and mentor you throughout your course at no extra charge. Our proven track record & 100% pass rate provides positive results and feedback
Make this your first stepping stone to a new career. For help with career & equestrian studies contact us Genuine riding instructors, coaches & trainers on call. You can be sure of a friendly helpful response. Unbiased advice on how to move forwards with your horse, your life or career.
- We have course for all from riding school riders to advanced horse owners - see All Courses to choose.
- Spoilt for choice? Try the Which Course page.
- Gain more confidence in both riding and horse care.
- Improve your technique. Aim for peak performance.
- Don't get left behind and out of date - update now.
- Confident handling/feeding/management/for peak condition.
- Forget about asking or being told to do it this way or that.
- Enrol on a course today - and do it your way!
Who uses these courses?
Career students : Owners : Riding school riders.
People who care for & about horses
Prospective owners or who own, loan or share
Experienced horse owners/grooms & anyone aiming to broaden their knowledge
Those hoping to become a riding instructor
Parents hoping to buy or helping with a child's pony
Yard Managers who need to update their Equine 1st Aid skills
- A totally flexible approach to learning for those with busy lives
- Easy to read course material yet full of detail and depth
- Written in plain English with a non-text book approach
- Learn how to treat wounds and injuries or what to feed and when
- Overcome your nerves or stresses when riding.
Learn about equine psychology to help overcome your horse's behaviour issues.
Mature students - novice to advanced - all welcomed and full tutor support provided.
Take a break when life gets busy. Pick it up a few weeks/months later when life is more settled.
- Home Study - Home Testing - Home learning.
- It's the modern approach to training.
- Get ahead of the game, improve your horse, your training systems & performance.
- Your personal tutor is there to offer professional, friendly help & advice. You'll be on first name terms and have as much or as little contact as you wish.
- The support doesn't stop when you finish the course, you're free to call on your tutor for future advice & support.
- Imagine that - your own personal 'equine help line'.
- What happens at your stables or yard?
- Who seems to be the boss?
Do other owners constantly tell you how to do things?
Is everyone telling you different things? Are you unsure who is right and who is wrong?
- Why be manipulated or even bullied by other horse owners! Get a grip on it.
Learn to do it your way - enrol on a course right away. Start learning in the comfort of your own home today.
We believe everyone should have access to good and reasonably priced knowledge about equine care. To enable this we keep the course fees as low as possible & even in this financial climate have found a way to subsidise some of the fees. Even though we are a not-for-profit group, we are willing to refund the Lingfield Level 1 course fee to student who can show us a distance learning course equivalent in content at a lower price.
This is your home learning route for equine studies courses and to gaining BHS certificates and preparation for professional BHS Stages / ABRS qualifcations.
- You are never alone and can ring or email to ask a real person for advice about equine care & management.
- Free Horse Care Articles & Advice
Would you like to:
- Keep one step ahead of the others at your stables?
- Have the confidence to do it your way?
- Update your knowledge & skills within the next few weeks?
- Gain theory knowledge & information for The British Horse Society exams.
- Take your first step towards the BHS Stages 1, 2 & 3 and BHSAI
- Prepare for ABRS or BHS Riding Instructor, Coach or Trainer qualifications?
- Run your own business - livery yard or stables
- Finally prove you know your stuff. Gain Certificates & Diplomas
Don't listen to others telling you to "do it their way". Learn to do it YOUR way. Take an Intermediate Diploma programme now.
To learn a little more about us click HERE to watch this video
Perhaps you are not yet a horse owner but want to learn about keeping a horse before you buy a horse. Maybe you are thinking of working with horses? This is just the place to get some knowledge under your belt. Start today and get those certificates.
Enrol online today and achieve your goal - What you could achieve
Natural horsemanship - what is it? What course would you take?
- Perhaps you have thought about taking a Monty Roberts, Kelly Marks, Pat/Linda Parelli, Michael Peace (our favourite) or natural horsemanship course?
- Can't work out which is for you ?
- Get a good grounding in equine psychology first to help you make an educated choice.
- There are other routes to working within the industry - we can offer help and advice - just email the office. what else you could achieve?
Lingfield Correspondence is a member of the UK Learning Providers Register No 10010680. We are a not-for-profit organisation offering friendly home study courses from The Lingfield Instructor Group. We cater for all standards - from riding school rider, those thinking of buying a horse or wanting to learn about horse tack, to Intermediate Diploma level experienced horse owners. We are here to help you as a rider and carer as well as helping the horses you ride, care about and care for. In our book, horses must always come first.
Your privacy is important to us. We adhere to and abide by the regulations of the Dataprotection Act. We have strict procedures in place to ensure details are not passed on to third parties. We use a nationally recognised secure online payments system.
Enrol here today and you could start that course right now.
Trade Member of:
- The British Horse Society
- British Equestrian Trade Association
- The Association of British Riding Schools
- The International Group for Equestrian Qualifications
- The Training Directory
- Livery Yard Association - New association for smaller yards
- Local Riding site Your one stop resource for everything equestrian.
Lingfield : Listed with the National Learning Directory and Learning Providers for
Learning provider for:
The Lingfield Guide to professional Equestrian Training & Training on a part time basis:
How to Get Qualified
- This booklet provides clear explanations on what qualifications are available
- How to gain horse related qualifications in the UK
- How to gain training & qualifications
- It offers details of part time training routes for Riding Instructors or Professional Grooms.
Recent review of the training guide :
"This is a fantastic little book. It has all the information you need to help you decide which qualification to go for. It has ideas on where to train and how to go about finding the right place and even has information on setting up your own business.
When I was looking around for some sort of training to become a riding instructor and horse trainer, I wanted to train on a part time basis but couldn't find anywhere to take me on. I now know that I just didn't know how to go about it. I wish this little guide had been available when I was looking for training" Jenny Graham
A must for the mature person thinking about working with horses on a full or part time basis. Suggestions are given about gaining funding for your training. Specific information is given to those aiming at a career change, such as wanting to finally become a professional after being involved for some years or aiming to set up your own livery or equine related business.
£3.00 including UK postage + £2 overseas