Learn at Home
BHS Certificated & Lingfield Intermediate Diploma courses
Optional BHS exams in your own home
- Broaden or update your knowledge
- Work at your own speed in own time - no pressure
- Complete Novice to Advanced equine studies
- Optional BHS Horse Owners Certificate exam & Completion Certificates
- Flexible completion dates
- Preparation for BHS Stages exams.
- Easy to read course material written in plain English.
Distance Learning Courses on a variety of equine topics and special interest subject. Intermediate Diplomas provide subsidised fees.
- Equine Management, Psychology, Behaviour, Livery Yard Management,
- Feeding, First Aid, Ailments, Confident Riding and more.
- For Trainers & instructors: Improve your techniques and teach your riders to Ride With More Confidence . This is an open access (no prior qualification needed) trainers course with well known coach. Ideal for career development.
How does it all work?
- Find your chosen course from the left menu
- Enrol online via the websit
- The first module arrives immediately you pay
- Work through the module at your own pace
- When you are ready request the next section
- That's all there is to it - no fixed completion dates either !
Horse Owners Certificate exams: Some of our courses offer this optional British Horse Society exam - here is how exams are set up:
- When nearing the end of the course, just let us know that you would like to sit the BHS exam.
- We'll arrange for someone locally to come along to your home and oversee your exam. If you prefer you may travel to them.
A personal tutor is there throughout your course for help and advice. Instalments available on all courses 3 to 6 months. Subsidised fees offer the Levels 1 & 2 courses at the equivalent of £174 each.
Our principles: To work with honesty and integrity to help others.
Our logo says it clearly: 'Caring for Horses' We care about their welfare and about those who do the caring. Although qualifications are important to some, it is easy to lose sight of the actual issue which is the welfare of horses.
Preparation for professional
BHS Stages & ABRS exams.
British Horse Society
Horse Owner's Certificates.
Your friendly personal tutor will support and mentor you throughout your course at no extra charge. Our proven track record & 100% pass rate provides positive results and feedback
Make this your first stepping stone to working with horses and a new career. Find help with career & equestrian studies & other queries right now contact us Genuine riding instructors, coaches & trainers on call. You can be sure of a friendly helpful response. Unbiased advice on how to move forwards in your life or career.
- Check the All Courses page to choose.S
- Spoilt for choice? We have course for all from riding school riders to advanced horse owners
- Try the Which Course page.
- Gain more confidence in both riding and horse care.
- Improve your technique. Aim for peak performance.
- Confident handling, feeding and management for peak condition.
- No need to ask others for advice or be told you are doing it wrong.
- Don't get left behind and out of date.
- Enrol on a course today - do it your way!
Who uses these courses?
Career students : Owners : Riding school riders.
People who care for & about horses
Prospective owners or who own, loan or share
Experienced horse owners/grooms & anyone aiming to broaden their knowledge
Those hoping to become a riding instructor
Parents hoping to buy or helping with a child's pony
Yard Managers who need to update their Equine 1st Aid skills
- A totally flexible approach to learning for those with busy lives
- Easy to read course material yet full of detail and depth
- Written in plain English with a non-text book approach
- Learn how to treat wounds and injuries or what to feed and when
- Overcome your nerves or stresses when riding.
Learn about equine psychology to help overcome your horse's behaviour issues.
Mature students - novice to advanced - all welcomed and full tutor support provided.
Take a break when life gets busy. Pick it up a few weeks/months later when life is more settled.
- Home Study - Home Testing - Home learning.
- It's the modern approach to training.
- Get ahead of the game, improve your horse, your training systems & performance.
- Your personal tutor is there to offer professional, friendly help & advice. You'll be on first name terms and have as much or as little contact as you wish.
- The support doesn't stop when you finish the course, you're free to call on your tutor for future advice & support.
- Imagine that - your own personal 'equine help line'.
- What happens at your stables or yard?
- Who seems to be the boss?
Do other owners constantly tell you how to do things?
Is everyone telling you different things? Are you unsure who is right and who is wrong?
- Why be manipulated or even bullied by other horse owners! Get a grip on it.
Learn to do it your way - enrol on a course right away. Start learning in the comfort of your own home today.
We believe everyone should have access to good and reasonably priced knowledge about equine care. To enable this we keep the course fees as low as possible & even in this financial climate have found a way to subsidise some of the fees. Even though we are a not-for-profit group, we are willing to refund the Lingfield Level 1 course fee to student who can show us a distance learning course equivalent in content at a lower price.
This is your home learning route for equine studies courses and to gaining BHS certificates and preparation for professional BHS Stages / ABRS qualifcations.
- You are never alone and can ring or email to ask a real person for advice about equine care & management.
- Free Horse Care Articles & Advice
Would you like to:
- Keep one step ahead of the others at your stables?
- Have the confidence to do it your way?
- Update your knowledge & skills within the next few weeks?
- Gain theory knowledge & information for The British Horse Society exams.
- Take your first step towards the BHS Stages 1, 2 & 3 and BHSAI
- Prepare for ABRS or BHS Riding Instructor, Coach or Trainer qualifications?
- Run your own business - livery yard or stables
- Finally prove you know your stuff. Gain Certificates & Diplomas
Don't listen to others telling you to "do it their way". Learn to do it YOUR way. Take an Intermediate Diploma programme now.
To learn a little more about us click HERE to watch this video
Paula Clements RE instructor. (Recommended Equestrian)
Perhaps you are not yet a horse owner but want to learn about keeping a horse before you buy a horse. Maybe you are thinking of working with horses? This is just the place to get some knowledge under your belt. Start today and get those certificates.
Enrol online today and achieve your goal - What you could achieve
Natural horsemanship - what is it? What course would you take?
- Perhaps you have thought about taking a Monty Roberts, Kelly Marks, Pat/Linda Parelli, Michael Peace (our favourite) or natural horsemanship course?
- Can't work out which is for you ?
- Get a good grounding in equine psychology first to help you make an educated choice.
- There are other routes to working within the industry - we can offer help and advice - just email the office. what else you could achieve?
Lingfield Correspondence is a member of the UK Learning Providers Register No 10010680. We are a not-for-profit organisation offering friendly home study courses from The Lingfield Instructor Group. We cater for all standards - from riding school rider, those thinking of buying a horse or wanting to learn about horse tack, to Intermediate Diploma level experienced horse owners. We are here to help you as a rider and carer as well as helping the horses you ride, care about and care for. In our book, horses must always come first.
Your privacy is important to us. We adhere to and abide by the regulations of the Dataprotection Act. We have strict procedures in place to ensure details are not passed on to third parties. We use a nationally recognised secure online payments system.
Enrol here today and you could start that course right now.
Trade Member of:
- The British Horse Society
- British Equestrian Trade Association
- The Association of British Riding Schools
- The International Group for Equestrian Qualifications
- The Training Directory
- Livery Yard Association - New association for smaller yards
- Essential knowledge for equine studies
- Local Riding site Your one stop resource for everything equestrian.
Lingfield : Listed with the National Learning Directory and Learning Providers for
Learning provider for:
The Lingfield Guide to professional Equestrian Training & Training on a part time basis:
How to Get Qualified
This booklet provides clear explanations on what qualifications are available and how to gain horse related qualifications in the UK.
Nowhere else will you find all this information together in one place.
It explains how to gain training & qualifications and details part time training routes for Riding Instructors or Professional Grooms.
Recent review of the training guide :
"This is a fantastic little book. It has all the information you need to help you decide which qualification to go for. It has ideas on where to train and how to go about finding the right place and even has information on setting up your own business.
When I was looking around for some sort of training to become a riding instructor and horse trainer, I wanted to train on a part time basis but couldn't find anywhere to take me on. I now know that I just didn't know how to go about it.
I wish this little guide had been available when I was looking for training" Jenny Graham
A must for the mature person thinking about working with horses on a full or part time basis. Suggestions are given about gaining funding for your training. Specific information is given to those aiming at a career change, such as wanting to finally become a professional after being involved for some years or aiming to set up your own livery or equine related business.
£4.95 including UK postage + £2 overseas