Certificates & Exams
The Lingfield Certificates & Intermediate Diplomas.
Lingfield Level 1 course is very comprehensive.
- For those aiming for professional exams eventually, Level1 also covers far more than the BHS Stage 1 or the Essential Horse Knowledge Certificate entry course which covers only one small element / unit of the Stage 1 exam (an orally questioned element)
Level 2 with Lingfield covers far more than is required or questioned in the BHS Stage 2 requirement (the orally questioned elements)
Certificates are awarded on successful completion of the optional final assignment in a course – not everyone opts for the certificates and diplomas. There is an admin. fee associated with these – see below.
The final assignment takes the form of an exam at the end of each course. These exams are entirely optional and are sat at your home without supervision. We take it on trust that our students will complete them as though they were supervised.
- The assignments cover the material and research undertaken during your course.The final assignment is tutor assessed.
- We want you to achieve, so your tutor provides as much help and feedback as possible to enable you to gain your award.
- Our course material is so comprehensive, feedback and previous assignments so helpful, that most pass without re-working any of the final assignment answers.
- 100% of Lingfield students achieve certificates on completion.
- Are available to those who complete all the courses within the Intermediate Diploma programme on which they enrolled.
- Each programme contains at least 2 courses (i.e. Equine Care & Management Levels 1 & 2)
- Most also contain a specialist course. This is then included in the title of the award. e.g. ‘Intermediate Diploma (Psychology)’ / Intermediate Diploma (Livery Yard Manager)
Admin Fee: Lingfield Certification and Diploma fee £15.00 Overseas/Paypal £17/19
British Horse Society Horse Owner’s Certificates
The British Horse Society Horse Owner’s Certificates exams have been withdrawn by the BHS. These have been replaced by the BHS Essential Horse Knowledge Certificate. we do not offer these owing to lack of interest.
The Lingfield equine care & management courses &Intermediate Diploma programmes are used by many students to gain the theory knowledge on which they would be questioned during their professional exams.
More information on becoming a Riding Instructor and gaining professional qualifications will be found in the book How To Get Qualified ‘Guide’ here (Riding instructor and groooms qualifications guide).