How to work with Lingfield files.
How do I work with Lingfield files:
- In line with most national colleges – our course files are pdf documents.
- You will require the free Adobe Reader App to work with our files – this is important for your work on the assignments.
- Printing the course material – see below.
Here is the Free Adobe reader for Windows
- Note: you can view OPTIONAL OFFERS details on that link & untick McAffee if you already have antivirus protection & True Key as well.
Here is the Free Adobe reader for ipads etc.
It IS possible to use a phone for these courses but a keyboard and laptop/ipad would be better. If using a mobile device students must also be able to save documents and use form.
Students must be able to
- Print documents
- Use Adobe forms and
- Save files to Adobe Acrobat
here is a help video https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/how-to/mobile-pdf.html
Sight impairment should never be a barrier – on receipt of CVI / BP1 / A655, we offer course files with access facilities.
- An internet connection via your own computer/similar device to complete assignments & for assessment of same is required for access to Lingfield’s online cloud system.
- In certain restricted circumstances students can work through a friend, colleague, education department or guardian to access the internet. It will be difficult however, for the student to undertake proper research without full access.
Do you use an ipad?
- Beneficial to successful completion of the course for most people is use of a keyboard, and a printer if you prefer to work from the printed page. (Average use: 1 toner / 2 cartridge).
Printing the course files: We no longer provide printed copies of the files owing to the amount of students enrolling and to the fact that our courses are quite comprehensive and detailed. It just became too time consuming – we couldn’t keep up. To continue to print & post them them would have meant increasing the staffing levels and therefore the fees.
- Most of our students seem to prefer to work from the printed page. You may print a copy of the course material. You will need no more than a ream/packet of paper (under £5 in most supermarkets) and one ink cartridge.
- The pages are set up so that they have a larger margin on the left of each page to enable you to read all the text when filed in a folder.