READ MORE – ID5 Entry Requirements etc.
- Minimum age 16 yrs
- Motivation and keen interest in horses and nutrition
- Good research skills required throughout
- Enrolling someone else:
- If enrolling & paying for someone else – please see last few paragraphs of this page
- Read Course Info pages and Terms and Conditions
Payment / Course file delivery
- Online enrolments in full will immediately be sent a limited time file download link. You need to download your course file before it expires.
- Payment in full or
- Instalment options as follows
- UK bank account holders only – Standing order set up is required prior to activation. Detailed form is provided when you complete checkout & pay first instalment payment.
- Paypal: We do not accept student initiated card or monthly Paypal payments. An alternative is 4 only Paypal recurring instalment payments which can only be set up by us via our office which incurs a small fee.
- At checkout, if relevant, UNTICK ‘student details different from billing’ which avoids completing your details twice.
- If paying for yourself, at checkout UNTICK ‘student details different from billing’ which avoids having to complete your details twice
- If paying for someone else note the last few paragraphs on this page. The student /s MUST (on the same day) contact us directly from their own email address. They must state their name and address, details of the course on which you are enrolling them and must provide details of the person/organisation paying for their course.
ID 5 – What proof do we have that this is considered a good programme?
This Feeding & Nutrition element of this programme has exceptional feedback which proves how much it has helped so many people.
- The more novice riders find they have a horse or pony on which they feel comfortable and confident.
- Those with more experience find they are getting better performances from their horses after doing the course.
- The bonus is that the improvement often comes without the behavioural problems associated with so many horses on so called improved diet today.
We prefer students taking this programme to have working knowledge of good equine management. For the specialist course material to have sufficient clarity to the student undertaking a 3 course programme and to ensure a good grounding in all round equine management, at least 5 Study Packs (modules) of the Level 1 Equine Care & Management course must be completed before working seriously on the specialist course SC5.
The final Section of the specialist course may only be requested on completion of the Level 2 Study Pack 4 and the SC5 Assignment can be sent in on completion of Level 2.
With motivation and enthusiasm, dependent on previous experience, personal input and studying skills, many students complete the programme within 8 months. Between 500 & 700 hours of study time is the average input.
Tutor: P.Clements / Consultant L.McIlwraith
Ideal for supporting the following:
NVQ / BHS Stages / ABRS Levels / UK Coaching qualifications / Livery Yard Managers
Reason to enrol:
- Immediate Start
- Work at your own speed and in your own time
- Take breaks if you need to. Totally flexible completion dates
- Individual BHS / professional personal tutor support for every student
- Based on the theory for the BHS Stages 1-2 & ABRS professional theory
- Optional: 3 Certificates & Intermediate Diploma on successful completion.
Delivery of course material:
To your email address.
Note: Depending on how you complete the online enrolment forms, a link to first course files may be sent either to the Billing email address or to the student.
- If you do not receive an email after 30 minutes, check your spam folder / mail the office – if we are open we will handle it as soon as possible.
How are files sent:
Initial file on enrolment. Next file @ minimum 14 day interval.
See main Course Info page for full delivery details including fast track option.
In line with most national college courses, file/module delivery is via pdf files. Requires use of Free App: Adobe Reader for windows or ipad. Full details here https://www.horse-care.co.uk/information/course-files-sent/
Beneficial to successful completion of the course is: a keyboard, and a printer if you prefer to work from the printed page (average use: 1 toner / 2 cartridge); An internet connection via computer/similar device enabling completion of assignments and access to Lingfield’s online cloud system for tutor checked assignments.
Restrictions to course files apply on a monthly/payment basis with instalment plans, and to specialist courses within an ID programme.
Completion restrictions may occasionally apply with government funding.
Before paying you will be asked to tick that you have read the Terms & Conditions –
if paying for someone else ticking box this means you agree to be sure they have read and will agree to abide by all Procedures and the Terms & Conditions. Printable copies are available via the Terms & Conditions page.
NOTE: Students must contact us personally during the enrolment process via their own email address giving their own and the billing partners details to enable us to activate their course fully.
Access to course files for visually impaired – available on request at enrolment.
The fee for this programme is subsidised by Lingfield Correspondence