READ MORE - Int Dip Benefits : Certification : Entry Requirements
- Minimum age 16 yrs
- Motivation and keen interest in horses and nutrition
- Good research skills required throughout
- Enrolling someone else:
- If enrolling & paying for someone else – please see last few paragraphs of this page
- Read Course Info pages and Terms and Conditions
Payment in full / instalments / file delivery:
- Online enrolments in full will immediately be sent a limited time file download link. You need to download your course file before it expires.
- Instalment options: Instalments restrict future file delivery on a month by month basis.
- UK bank account holders only – Standing order set up is required prior to course activation. Detailed form is provided on checkout & pay first instalment payment.
- Paypal: We do not accept student initiated card or monthly Paypal payments. An alternative is 4 only Paypal recurring instalment payments which can only be set up by us via our office which incurs a small fee.
- If paying for yourself, at checkout UNTICK ‘student details different from billing’ which avoids having to complete your details twice
- If paying for someone else note the last few paragraphs on this page. The student /s MUST (on the same day) contact us directly from their own email address. They must state their name and address, details of the course on which you are enrolling them and must provide details of the person/organisation paying for their course.
The Benefits of the Intermediate Diploma programme are:
- 2 full courses at a subsidised fee
- No fixed completion dates.
- Free personal tutor for every student.
- Fast track option for experienced people.
- Request Study Pack files 1 – 5 more quickly and work through topics you are familiar with quickly whilst taking time on others. (only available if paid in full)
- Total flexibility to fit in with your family and your life.
- Considered to be the most comprehensive distance learning programme in the equine industry at this level today.
You have the confidence that the authors of these courses have BHS professional qualifications and personal experience – they have been there and done it – they speak from experience not just from a classroom lecture podium. They have trained and backed young horses, they have trained and assessed BHS Stages exam candidates, they have taught novice and experienced riders over a number of years, they have ridden and competed – some to Grand Prix level. You also have security in the knowledge that Lingfield Correspondence has been a professional BHS based Training Provider since 1996.
This programme will help you :
- Update your skills – the right way
- Update or broaden your knowledge
- Achieve Intermediate Diploma level
- Gain certification & proof of your knowledge
- Gain an insight into professional career development
Ideal for NVQ : BHS Stages : ABRS Levels : UK Coaching qualifications : Livery Yard Managers
Reason to enrol:
- Immediate Start
- Work at your own speed and in your own time
- Take breaks if you need to. Totally flexible completion dates
- Individual BHS / professional personal tutor support for every student
- Based on the theory for the BHS Stages 1-2 & ABRS professional theory
- Optional 2 Certificates & Intermediate Diploma on successful completion.
- Free one to one tutor support for every student.
- Your tutor is be happy to maintain contact after your course to assist with horse questions and problems – free of charge. Nowhere except Lingfield will you find free ongoing support.
- NEW Sponsored membership available to The British Grooms Association – a professional body for equestrian people of all standards
All tutor assessed assignments, certificates & awards are optional:
- Level 1 Equine Care & Management Certificate
- Level 2 Equine Care & Management Certificate
- Intermediate Diploma in Equine Care & Management
- Certificates: Optional
- Admin fee £15 / £19 Paypal/overseas for optional tutor assessed assignments + successful completion of assignments, research projects, and tack session in Level 1.
- Level 1 & 2 contain 7 modules each (14 modules to be studied consecutively).
- Between 250 & 500+ hours of study time depending on student input.
- A very comprehensive and broad-ranging programme covering in some depth, everything the horse owner would need on a day to day basis.
- On average, those with family, work, horses and a life to live complete one module a month.
- With prior knowledge and previously undertaken research projects, some are able to complete within 4-6 months.
- One short practical session, overseen by a local instructor of your choice, must be undertaken to gain Certification/Diploma (see Level 1 syllabus)
Tutor: P.Clements or F. Dent
Delivery of course material:
To your email address.
If you are paying for someone else and the text link email is sent to your address, you must forward the email to the student immediately – before the download link expires.
- If you do not receive an email after 30 minutes, check your spam folder / mail the office – if we are open we will handle it as soon as possible.
- File download links offer a limited attempts to download and limited number of days in which to download. If you do not SAVE the file to a device or app, after a few clicks / a few days it will no longer be available.
Instalments: During the enrolment process you will receive an email giving instructions on setting up the payments – the list of instructions & standing order must be completed prior to starting your course.
How are files sent:
All course material sent via pdf files.
Initial file on enrolment. Next file @ minimum 14 day interval.
Payment by instalments: follow exactly the instructions on automated email.
In line with most national college courses, file/module delivery is via pdf files. Requires use of Free App: Adobe Reader for Windows or ipad. You will require this to enrol if paying in instalments. Full details here https://www.horse-care.co.uk/information/course-files-sent/
Beneficial to successful completion of the course is: a keyboard, and a printer if you prefer to work from the printed page (average use: 1 toner / 2 cartridge); An internet connection via computer/similar device enabling completion of assignments and access to Lingfield’s online cloud system for tutor checked assignments.
Restrictions to course files apply on a monthly/payment basis with instalment plans, and to specialist courses within an ID programme.
Completion restrictions may occasionally apply with government, educational organisation or company funding.
Paying for someone else:
Before paying you will be asked to tick that you have read the Terms & Conditions –
if paying for someone else ticking this box this means you agree to be sure they have read and will agree to abide by all Procedures and the Terms & Conditions. Printable copies are available via the Terms & Conditions page.
If you are paying for & enrolling someone else, the student MUST (on the same day) contact us personally directly from their own email address. They must state their name and address, details of the course on which you are enrolling them and must provide details of the person/organisation/billing partner paying for the programme.
Note: We cannot/will not activate the course until we have this personal contact from the student.
It will help us and the student if the tutor is made aware of dyslexia or learning difficulties.
Access to course files for visually impaired – available on request.