Specialist Course BHS Stage 1 Exam Day Prep
|Skill Level||Skill Level 2|
|Number of units/modules||2|
|Total Hours||25 / 45 - dependent on student input|
|Course Duration||Totally flexible - no completion dates. Contact required periodically to maintain an active course.|
|No Attendance or Study Weeks required||Conducted by home study + ability to access to horses locally|
BHS Stage 1 Exam Day Preparation
People who viewed this course often enrol on ID6
“Being prepared is half the victory !”
- Are you wondering about taking the BHS exams?
- Are you already training or thinking about it in the future?
- If you want to know what it is about and how it works, this is the course for you.
- Now you can find out exactly what the assessors/examiners look for at every step in the exam.
- Each element of the exam is explained – you are taken through it step by step in this course.
- BHS assessor is on hand to discuss and help you throughout your course.
- Choose payment in full or instalment option via dropdown list – initial payment by card with balance on standing order – UK bank accounts only.
A genuinely useful course for BHS Stage 1 exam. You can learn from books but this is like having an instructor with you at home. This really is a brilliant tool – especially if your exam is coming up quite soon. Tutor support is included in the fee.
- 2 modules
- Multiple learning tasks and assignments.
- Self assessment, research projects
- Optional final assignment for Certification (tutor assessed)
- Admin fee for optional tutor assessed assignments £15 / £19 Paypal/overseas
Option to achieve Certificate on completion:
- Specialist course Certificate ‘Stage 1 Exam Day Preparation’
NOTE: When used as part of the Intermediate Diploma programme (ID6), provides the majority of the theory for Stage 1 & 2. ID’s offer subsidised fees & option of 4 certificates
Enrol now – immediate start. Automated receipt of course files. No waiting.
The benefits of this combined programme are:
Total flexibility to fit in with your family and your life. No fixed completion dates.
You have the confidence that the author’s of these courses have professional qualifications and personal experience – they have been there and done it – they speak from experience. Our BHS Stage 1 tutor Tracy, is highly qualified, lectures regularly at colleges and assesses Stages exam candidates to AI Level – she knows exactly what you need to learn to get through that exam.
You also have security in the knowledge that Lingfield Correspondence has been a professional BHS based Training Provider since 1996.
- Minimum age 16 years – Flexible options for parents undertaking home education or those in full time training.
- We strongly recommend upgrading to ID 6 unless undertaking regular training sessions towards Stages – with local instructor.
- Mature students more than welcomed.
- Good research skills required throughout for research & assignments. To complete assignments you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Instalment payments: Standing order set up is required prior to activation. Detailed form is provided when you complete checkout of first instalment payment.
Tutor: Tracy Allin Baker
Delivery of course material:
To your email address – see Frequently asked Questions.
Note: Link to first file will be sent to the Billing email address. When you click confirm & pay – you will be sent an automated email. The email contains a file download link. If you do not receive an email, check your spam folder.
All course material sent via pdf files.
Initial file on enrolment. Next file @ minimum 14 day interval subject to T & C and procedures.
Beneficial to successful completion of the course is: a keyboard, and a printer if you prefer to work from the printed page (average use: 1 toner / 2 cartridge); An internet connection via computer/similar device enabling completion of assignments and access to Lingfield’s online cloud system for tutor checked assignments.
Before paying you will be asked to tick that you have read the Terms & Conditions – and if paying for someone else ticking this means you agree to be sure they have read and agree to abide by all Procedures and the Terms & Conditions. Printable copies are available via the Terms & Conditions page.
Access to course files for visually impaired – available on request.
Restrictions to delivery of course files apply:
- On a monthly/payment basis with instalment plans, and to specialist courses within an ID programme as per T & C.
Completion restrictions may occasionally apply with government funding.
The final element of any course cannot be sent until the full fee is paid.
- Introduction – Syllabus
- Recommended reading
- The British Horse Society (BHS) & professional exams
- Exam preparation – practical training
- Entry requirements
- What the BHS Stage I exam assessors are looking for, and why…
Handling Safely and Securely
- Tail Bandages
- Hooves & Shoes & Feet
- General Handling
- Health & Safety
Brushing Off, Safe use of equipment
- Rugs and Rugging
- Tack & Tacking up
- Care of Bedding & Knowledge of Bedding
- Holding / Leading For Treatment
- Principles of Caring for Horses
- Fire Precautions and Accidents
- Horse Health
- Horse Behaviour
- Exam Tips
- Application requirements
- Headcollars & Leadropes
- Grooming recap : Shoeing
- Rug familiarisation ; Diagrams Bridle/Saddle, Nosebands Martingales
- Bedding : Points of the Horse :Colours & Markings
- Safety Equipment
Help and preparation: BHS Video
It's easy to enrol...