Specialist Course SC9 BHS Prelim Teaching Test
|Skill Level||Skill Level 2|
|Number of units/modules||2|
|Total Hours||25 / 45 - dependent on student input|
|Course Duration||Totally flexible - no completion dates. Contact required periodically to maintain an active course.|
|No Attendance or Study Weeks required||Conducted by home study + ability to access to horses locally|
The BHS Preliminary Teaching Test exam day preparation
What is the PTT like?
Being prepared is half the victory
- This is the only distance course available which explains what to teach, what to prepare & how to present it.
- Finally, you will find out what to expect right here from Lingfield!
- This course provides you with the details of exactly what to expect on exam day and gives you the tools to achieve a good pass
- Perfect for anyone preparing for professional exams
- The lecture/presentation you are asked to give in the exam could make all the difference – here is where you find out how to plan and present it with ease
A unique course – the first of it’s kind – nowhere else will you find a distance learning course quite like this for the PTT.
A fabulous course for anyone preparing for their Professional exams.
A brilliant tool – especially if your exam is coming up soon.
This course is unique – we have not seen another distance learning course like this for the PTT.
- It offers free tutor support and approximately 25-35 hours of study time – depending on student input.
- 2 modules
- Multiple learning tasks and assignments.
- Self assessment, research projects
- Optional final assignment for Certification (tutor assessed)
- Admin fee for optional tutor assessed assignments £15 / £19 Paypal/overseas
What is in it for me?
Enrol now – immediate start. Automated receipt of course files. No waiting.
The benefits of this combined programme are:
Total flexibility to fit in with your family and your life. No fixed completion dates.
You have the confidence that the author of this course has BHS professional qualifications and personal experience – they have been there and done it – they speak from experience. The PTT Preparation course author is highly qualified and has a broad client base.
You also have security in the knowledge that Lingfield Correspondence has been a professional BHS based Training Provider since 1996.
Option to achieve Certificate on completion:
- Specialist course Certificate ‘BHS PTT Exam Preparation’
Tutor: Gail West
- Minimum age 16 years
- Good all round experience in equine management
- Some previous teaching experience
- Regular hands on teaching
- Good research skills required throughout for assignments and projects. To complete assignments you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Fees: Instalments available *Via UK Bank accounts only.
- Standing order set up is required prior to activation. Detailed form is provided when you complete checkout of first instalment payment.
Delivery of course material:
To your email address – see Frequently asked Questions.
Note: Link to first file will be sent to the Billing email address. When you click confirm & pay – you will be sent an automated email. The email contains a file download link. If you do not receive any email, check your spam folder.
All course material sent via pdf files.
Initial file on enrolment. Next file @ minimum 14 day interval.
In line with most national college courses, file/module delivery is via pdf files.
Requires use of Free Downloadable App:
Beneficial to successful completion of the course is: a keyboard, and a printer if you prefer to work from the printed page (average use: 1 toner / 2 cartridge); An internet connection via computer/similar device enabling completion of assignments and access to Lingfield’s online cloud system for tutor checked assignments.
Before paying you will be asked to tick that you have read the Terms & Conditions – and if paying for someone else ticking this means you agree to be sure they have read and agree to abide by all Procedures and the Terms & Conditions. Printable copies are available via the Terms & Conditions page.
Access to course files for visually impaired – available on request.
Restrictions to delivery of course files apply
- On a monthly/payment basis with instalment plans, and to specialist courses within an ID programme
- As per T & C.
- Completion restrictions may occasionally apply with government funding.
- Be aware – the final element of any course cannot be sent until the full fee is paid.
SYLLABUS PTT Exam Preparation – SC9
- Overview of BHS examination – what this means for you in ‘real terms’
- Motivation, Role & Qualities
- How people learn *1
- Teaching styles *2
- Teaching children & adults -The distinction, developmental growth, ability, characteristics, personalities & approach.
- Risk assessments *3
- Presentation topics *4. Examples & supporting notes
- Where to train
- The Voice & Body Language
- Reading body language *5.
- School rules, commands and movements *6.
- Teaching / Instructing / Coaching / Training – The difference
- Lesson structure and planning *7
- Assembling a Ride
- Planning types of Lessons *8
- Dealing with outside influences, normal issues and unexpected problems
- Examination day tips & advice
- Evaluation & self reflection
* Research Projects:
- The Learning Cycle
- Teaching Styles
- Risk Assessments
- Body Language
- Rules, commands & exercises
- General lesson planning
- Exam lesson planning
© Copyright 2014 Gail West & Lingfield Correspondence
All rights reserved. No part of this website or related publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.,
It's easy to enrol...