Specialist Course SC9 Preparation for BHS Stage 2 Teaching Award
|Skill Level||Skill Level 2|
|Number of units/modules||2|
|Total Hours||25 / 45 - dependent on student input|
|Course Duration||Totally flexible - no completion dates. Contact required periodically to maintain an active course.|
|No Attendance or Study Weeks required||Conducted by home study + ability to access to horses locally|
Preparation for The BHS Stage 2 Teach Award
The BHS has introduced a new career pathway for those aiming to gain coaching/teaching certificates.
What is the Teach award like?
Being prepared is half the victory
- This is the only distance course available which explains what to teach, what to prepare & how to present it.
- Finally, you will find out what to expect right here from Lingfield!
- This course provides you with the details of exactly what to expect on assessment day and gives you the tools to achieve a good pass
- Perfect for anyone preparing for professional exams
- Lingfield also provide mini lecture/presentations which are useful for explaining to people at the yard how things should be done. They cover things like safety. These mini lectures/talks might be aimed at Mums or volunteers who come regularly to help at the yard. We provide you with information on how to plan and present your talk with ease.
- If you aim to teach in future then this course will help you prepare lessons – give you ideas on how to approach various lessons – lead rein, group, private, jumping and more.
- It explains how people learn and how to handle situations when you have groups of parents watching and keen to ‘assist’
- Although it is aimed at those hoping to take the Teach award it is useful for anyone aiming to teach.
A unique course – the first of it’s kind – nowhere else will you find a distance learning course quite like this for the Teach award.
A fabulous course for anyone preparing for their Professional exams. A brilliant tool – especially if your assessment is coming up soon.
This course is unique – we have not seen another distance learning course like this for the Teach award
- It offers free tutor support and approximately 25-35 hours of study time – depending on student input.
- 2 modules
- Multiple learning tasks and assignments.
- Self assessment, research projects
- Optional final assignment for Certification (tutor assessed)
- Admin fee for optional tutor assessed assignments £15 / £19 Paypal/overseas
What is in it for me?
Enrol now – immediate start. Automated receipt of course files. No waiting.
The benefits of this combined programme are:
Total flexibility to fit in with your family and your life. No fixed completion dates.
You have the confidence that the author of this course has BHS professional qualifications and personal experience – they have been there and done it – they speak from experience. The Teach award course author is highly qualified and has a broad client base.
You also have security in the knowledge that Lingfield Correspondence has been a professional Training Provider since 1996.
Option to achieve Certificate on completion:
- Specialist course Certificate ‘Preparation for the BHS Teach award’
Tutor: Gail West
- Minimum age 16 years
- Good all round experience in equine management
- Some previous teaching experience
- Regular hands on teaching
- Good research skills required throughout for assignments and projects. To complete assignments you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Fees: Instalments available *Via UK Bank accounts only.
- Standing order set up is required prior to activation. Detailed form is provided when you complete checkout of first instalment payment.
Delivery of course material:
To your email address – see Frequently asked Questions.
Note: Link to first file may be sent to the Billing email address. When you click confirm & pay – you will be sent an automated email. The email contains a file download link. If you do not receive any email, check your spam folder.
All course material sent via pdf files.
Initial file on enrolment. Next file @ minimum 14 day interval.
In line with most national college courses, file/module delivery is via pdf files.
Requires use of Free Downloadable App:
Beneficial to successful completion of the course is: a keyboard, and a printer if you prefer to work from the printed page (average use: 1 toner / 2 cartridge); An internet connection via computer/similar device enabling completion of assignments and access to Lingfield’s online cloud system for tutor checked assignments.
Before paying you will be asked to tick that you have read the Terms & Conditions – and if paying for someone else ticking this means you agree to be sure they have read and agree to abide by all Procedures and the Terms & Conditions. Printable copies are available via the Terms & Conditions page.
Access to course files for visually impaired – available on request.
Restrictions to delivery of course files apply
- On a monthly/payment basis with instalment plans, and to specialist courses within an ID programme
- As per T & C.
- Completion restrictions may occasionally apply with government funding.
- Be aware – the final element of any course cannot be sent until the full fee is paid.
SYLLABUS Teach Award Preparation – SC9
- Overview of BHS system for teaching – what this means for you in ‘real terms’
- Motivation, Role & Qualities
- How people learn *1
- Teaching styles *2
- Teaching children & adults -The distinction, developmental growth, ability, characteristics, personalities & approach.
- Risk assessments *3
- Presentation/mini lecture/talks topics for volunteers or staff *4. Examples & supporting notes
- Where to train
- The Voice & Body Language
- Reading body language *5.
- School rules, commands and movements *6.
- Teaching / Instructing / Coaching / Training – The difference
- Lesson structure and planning *7
- Assembling a Ride
- Planning types of Lessons *8
- Dealing with outside influences, normal issues and unexpected problems
- Assessment day tips & advice
- Evaluation & self reflection
* Research Projects:
- The Learning Cycle
- Teaching Styles
- Risk Assessments
- Body Language
- Rules, commands & exercises
- General lesson planning
- Assessment day lesson planning
© Copyright 2014 Gail West & Lingfield Correspondence
All rights reserved. No part of this website or related publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.,
It's easy to enrol...