Equine Care & Management Level 3
|Skill Level||Equivalent to Further Education 2-3|
|Number of Units / Modules||10|
|Course Duration||200 - 300 hours dependent on student input|
|Attendance/Study weeks||None - all home study|
Level 3 Equine Care & Management
£300 – This is not a stand alone course and is available only to limited current Lingfield students.
- Students must have completed Lingfield Levels 1 & 2 first
- The course builds on what has previously been learned.
It does not include any intermediate information and expects participants to be working at professional / competition / international groom level
Our courses are generally above the standard of equivalent courses available from other providers. Students for Level 3 are therefore expected to have achieved experience in the industry well above the average pleasure horse owner and have achieved Stage 2 or an equivalent standard of professional qualification and knowledge to at least BHS Stage 3.
Together with this they are expected to have an academic approach to their studies.
Good research skills are required at this level. Several research topics are included in each element of this course.
- 10 modules
- Multiple learning tasks and assignments. To complete assignments you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Self assessment, research projects
- Optional final assignment for Certification (tutor assessed)
- Admin fee for optional tutor assessed assignments £15 / £19 Paypal/overseas
Option to achieve Certificate on completion:
- Specialist course Certificate ‘Level 3 Equine Care & Management’
- Minimum age 16 years
- Provide copies of BHS Stage 2, Lingfield Int Dip or Level 1 & 2 Certificates
- Good all round experience with horses and equine management.
- Must have detailed knowledge of all the topics covered in the Level 1 & 2 syllabus.
- Mature students more than welcomed.
Tutor: Paula Clements
1. Please email the office with full name and address and copies of BHS & Lingfield Level 1 & 2 Certificates. Supply details of work experience within the industry.
2. Request bank details for payment by direct bank transfer of full or first instalment – alternatively email to ask for a good time to phone to pay over the phone.
Delivery of course material:
To your email address – see Frequently asked Questions.
All course material sent via pdf files.
Initial file on enrolment. Next file @ minimum 14 day interval subject to T & C and procedures.
Beneficial to successful completion of the course are a keyboard – and a printer if you prefer to work from the printed page. (Average use: 1 toner / 2 cartridge)
Access to course files for visually impaired – available on request.
Restrictions to delivery of course files apply:
- On a monthly/payment basis with instalment plans, and to specialist courses within an ID programme.
- As per T & C.
- Completion restrictions may occasionally apply with company, charitable or privately funded courses.
- Be aware – the final element of any course cannot be sent until the full fee is paid.
UPDATE: September 2017: These course modules are being updated. The course is not available at the moment
- Sick Nursing and Isolation Procedures.
- Respiratory problems.
- Ailments and Injuries at advanced level – further to Level 1 & 2.
- Vices etc. Stress is covered in Levels 1 & 2
- Roughing off and Bringing up from grass with specific relevance to competition/hunt horses.
- Fittening & maintenance of same for various advanced disciplines.
- Clipping, Trimming, Plaiting.
- Presentation Correct T
- ack and Dress.Competition Horse (medium to advanced)Feeding at advanced Level only – prior intermediate knowledge required
- Preparation & Equipment for travel – further to Levels 1 & 2.
- Care of Transport.
- Legal Requirements for Transport & Towing
- Stable & Yard Construction.
- Muck Heaps, environment, planning.
- Costing – at home, livery etc.
- BHS & Riding Clubs research.
It's easy to enrol...
Sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time.
Please check back later, or contact us to enquire about this product.