Specialist Course ABRS Members – My Equine CPD £20
|Fee £20 - ABRS Proprietor payments only||1 - or 2 ABRS students working in tandem|
|Difficulty||Skill Level 1-2 - Beyond Foundation|
|Number of units/modules||5 Modules: 1 delivered on enrolment.|
|Total Hours||4-5 hours (5 - 6 weeks) dependent on student input|
|Duration||Totally flexible - no fixed completion dates|
|Practical Activities/Research||Practical research on Records, Vaccinations and Animal Welfare Act|
|ABRS Certificate||ABRS digital|
The Responsible Groom
ABRS members offer. Professionally produced 5 module Training / CPD course.
This is a subsidised course available ONLY to ABRS Member Proprietors of Equestrian Centres/Riding Schools
- Suitable for grooms and stable staff beyond foundation level.
- Payments accepted from Proprietor only.
- You do NOT need your ABRS code to enrol.
- Freelancers/staff paying for themselves must enrol on the ‘open course’ – see link above.
Distance learning to future proof your business
Build skills for today, tomorrow and beyond
Fast, economical, flexible completion dates
Lingfield Equine Distance Learning partnered with The Association of British Riding Schools for this pilot 2019/2020. Affordable Certificated Equine Training & CPD course 2019-2020.
- £20 per course – payable by Proprietor only.
- 2 staff enrolled by Proprietor may share a course = (£10 per employee)
- Flexible enough to fit around your quieter working days
- Students work at their own pace. Find a quiet hour here and there
- 5 modules – digital ABRS certification on completion of final assessment
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, name of centre, staff name/s and email address
The course for 2019-2020 includes topics relevant specifically to your business and work. Most topics are extra to the normal sphere of general equine management and will not generally duplicate regular equine related training.
- This is the link for non member open course – for those paying the course fee themselves.
Distance learning is the economical way to provide certificated proof of staff training, to abide by current legislation and to avoid staff having to travel to and from/attending set training courses.
On completion, you / your staff member, volunteer or worker will have a better understanding of how important their work is in today’s regulated world and, just as importantly, why those regulations are in place.
The material incorporates the rarely discussed details regarding how yard workers responsibilities relating to yard policies, teamwork, awareness of current regulations and mindfulness of the welfare of others both human and animal, will impact not only on the horses but on the workers themselves.
The course will be of real benefit not only to your staff members – but by default, to you their employer.
Freelance grooms and instructors looking for CPD should enrol on the grooms CPD course. The introductory fee for that course is £35 including a Lingfield digital certificate
The £20 option here with ABRS certificate is only for courses paid for personally by ABRS Proprietor members.
- Staff guided online integrated training
- No loss of full working days
- Flexible completion dates
- Easy online enrolment
- Immediate start
- Online card payment
What does it provide for the ABRS employer?
- Proof of training for legislation purposes
- Staff regulated & guided training, integrated with work timetable
- Provider checked online assignments for ABRS Certification
- Negligible employer input throughout
- ABRS Certificates – Digital and Printable
- 2 ABRS staff members may share a course for just £20 per course.
- A saving of £50 per 2 employees for ABRS members
Who needs this course:
“Businesses that hire out horses for riding or for riding lessons. This includes riding schools and those that hire out horses, trekking, loan horses, pony parties (but only where the ponies are ridden), hunter hirelings, polo/polocrosse instruction and pony hire, pony and donkey rides.”
How does it work?
- It’s simple – Follow the guidelines on enrolling first.
- SAVE the first file to your computer – don’t just click the link – you must save it.
- Then just read through the files as and when they arrive in your inbox. Jot your own notes down and complete the work in each module. Complete the final assignment for certification.
- Lingfield Tutor checks assignment
- Notifies employer & ABRS if successful completion
- Employer applies to ABRS for certification
- Basic equine management skills.
- Email address
- Ability to access and save documents to own device (phone not ideal for completion of assignment).
- Minimum age 16 (employer confirms).
- Use of the free app Adobe Acrobat Reader for assignments is required for course files. Basic pdf readers are usually insufficient for form filling pdf documents. Links to the app Android/Laptop Adobe free Download iOS device Adobe free Download Most of the Adobe Apps work on the latest phones. Adobe video help for mobile devices Our files are encrypted (password protected) so do not allow notations, comments or editing.
Sharing a course
- 2 students may share a course via the lead student. They are responsible for sharing both must complete at the same time. This is mandatory.
- Completion may be related to annual license renewal. Students must check with employer.
- The initial file links are ‘time limited’ to 3 days from enrolment. You must physically save the file to your own device –
- Simply opening it via the link will not save it – you must download and save.
Completing the transaction and activating the course
It is the employers responsibility to ensure their staff member/s confirm immediately to Lingfield that they have saved and can re-open their file.
- Only then will the course be activated.
- Only when we have the confirmation email/s can we finalise your legal sales transaction
- No confirmation to Lingfield = no certification.
Lingfield is an approved training provider with UK Rural Skills
- Policies – what you need to know
- Responsible reporting
- Interpersonal skills
- Safeguarding.Data Protection
- Bullying, Racism, Stress and Mental Health awareness
- Social Media – personal / business
- Equine awareness, reactions, stress behaviour
- Mindfulness relating to individual equines
- Anatomy – a reminder
- Physiology & Biomechanics
- Recording & Reporting
- Rules & Regulations
- Mindful Morning Checks
- Flu & Tet
- Stable/building dimensions
- Feed & Bedding records
It's easy to enrol...