Specialist Course Livery Yard Managers Course (SC8)
|Skill Level||Skill Level 2|
|Number of units/modules||2|
|Total Hours||25 / 45 - dependent on student input|
|Course Duration||Totally flexible - no completion dates. Contact required periodically to maintain an active course.|
|No Attendance or Study Weeks required||Conducted by home study + ability to access to horses locally|
People who viewed this course often enrolled on the ID8 – the Intermediate Diploma for Livery Yard Managers
This equine course aims to provide livery yard managers and owners with relevant legal and financial requirements associated with running this type of horse related business.
It provides general business management skills specifically related to a Livery Yard. These include:
- Marketing, accounting, insurance issues, equine yard licensing & BHS and Livery Yard approvals systems,
- Staff management & client management.
- Establishing an equine target market
- Attracting the right horse owning clients to your livery yard.
- Together with this will be found the legal requirements for the all important equine related health and safety, and risk management information.
- It introduces multiple learning tasks, assignments and projects including local research & awareness.
- See full syllabus for detail & a recent review from
Susannah Roberts: Really enjoyed this course when I did it last year, big help with writing business plans for the bank
Subscribers to Horse Heros can view a video about a ‘well run BHS Approved Livery Yard’
- 2 modules
- Multiple learning tasks and assignments. To complete assignments you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Self assessment, research projects
- Optional final assignment for Certification (tutor assessed)
- Admin fee for optional tutor assessed assignments £15 / £19 Paypal/overseas
- Instalments available – see dropdown list above Enrol.
- Standing order set up via UK Bank account is required prior to activation. Detailed form provided when you complete checkout of first instalment payment.
Option to achieve Certificate on completion:
- Specialist course Certificate ‘Stage 1 Exam Day Preparation’
NOTE: When used as part of the Intermediate Diploma programme (ID8), provides the majority of the theory for Stage 1 & 2. ID’s offer subsidised fees & option of 4 certificates.
Tutor: Hannah Haskew
Livery Yard Managers Course Syllabus
- Introduction and descriptive terms for livery
- Welfare bill – new guidelines for livery yards
- The importance of Licensing, Approvals and Professional Association
- Types of livery – what could/should be offered
- Qualities for success
- Existing premises
- Residential premises
- Crew Yards
- Requirements to fit assorted & various types of owner
- Setting up a business, business plans etc
- Sole Traders
- Limited companies
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Money matters simplified –
- tax returns,
- national insurance,
- rates and VAT.
- Legal matters –
- health and safety including risk assessments,
- Employing staff,
- handling staff and clients professionally.
- Marketing, advertising and attracting clients
- How to & what to design
- General management.
- New arrivals
- Health & Safety
- Risk Assessment
Assignments and recommended reading
Research assignments are included in the content.
It's easy to enrol...