Specialist Course Non Members – The Responsible Groom – My Equine CPD
|Fee £35||Non members - open to any equine establishment|
|Difficulty||Skill Level 1-2 - Beyond Foundation|
|Number of units/modules||5 Modules: 1 delivered on enrolment.|
|Total Hours||4-5 hours (4-5 weeks) dependent on student input|
|Duration||Totally flexible - no fixed completion dates|
|Practical Activities/Research||Practical research on Records, Vaccinations and Animal Welfare Act|
|Lingfield Certificate||Lingfield digital|
The Responsible Groom
My Equine CPD course – open enrolment for non ABRS employees
Distance learning to future proof your business
Build skills for today, tomorrow and beyond
Fast, economical, flexible completion dates
Lingfield Equine Distance Learning partnered with The Association of British Riding Schools to provide a training and cpd course. This is not an ABRS training course. Affordable Certificated Equine CPD course 2019-2020 pilot year.
Certificated Equine CPD – 2019 & 2020.
Lingfield provides a year on year ongoing cpd training for ABRS members at reduced rate via this ABRS specific course link
Non members such as freelancers/self employed grooms/instructors and volunteers should use this course which provides a Lingfield Equine Distance Learning cpd certificate on completion. Note that this is not ABRS certificated and does not provide proof of training or cpd for ABRS members.
A short simple professionally produced CPD course for grooms and all stable staff beyond foundation level.
- £35 per individual
Easy and user friendly
Employers using this course for volunteers or freelancers may simply tailor the course timetable to fit own needs
This online course covers topics relevant to employees at commercial riding establishments. The economical way to provide certificated proof of staff training, to abide by current legislation and to avoid traveling to and from or attending set training courses. The aim, dependent on uptake, is to gain accreditation for this course with UK Rural Skills in 2020/2021.
The course will be of real benefit not only to your staff members – but by default, to you their employer.
- Staff guided online integrated training
- No loss of full working days
- Flexible completion dates
- Easy online enrolment
- Immediate start
- Online card payment
What does it provide for the employer?
- Proof of training for legislation purposes
- Staff regulated & guided training, integrated with work timetable
- Provider checked online assignments for Lingfield Certification
- Negligible employer input throughout
- Digital and Printable Certification of training and cpd
Who needs this course:
“Businesses which hire out horses for riding or for riding lessons. This includes riding schools and those that hire out horses, trekking, loan horses, pony parties (but only where the ponies are ridden), hunter hirelings, polo/polocrosse instruction and pony hire, pony and donkey rides.”
If this course is for yourself please read ‘More Important Enrolment Information’ below
How does it work?
- It’s simple – just read through the files as and when they arrive in your inbox.
- Lingfield Tutor checks assignment
- Notifies student of successful completion
- Employer or student applies to Lingfield for certification with £5 admin fee by Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Notes to Employer and Students
- Completion may be related to annual license renewal. Students must check with employer.
- The initial file links are ‘time limited’ to 3 days from enrolment. You must save thee files to your own device.
- File links are limited to 3 download attempts (3 clicks) per establishment.
- Files must be SAVED
- If using an ipad to the Adobe App and then opened – using the password, or
- If using a laptop, saved to downloads into a documents folder & use the Adobe App to open the file – using the password.
- Staff must confirm immediately to their employer and to Lingfield that they have saved and can re-open their file.
- No confirmation to Lingfield means no certification.
- Basic equine management skills.
- Email address
- A keyboard and laptop / ipad,
- Adobe Acrobat Reader app is required for working on course assignments.
- Ability to access and save online documents.
- Minimum age 16 (employer confirms).
TEST: Use this password protected document as a test for Adobe Reader App., downloading, saving, & reopening course files
- Make sure you can re-access the file once saved.
- The password to open the file is RedRobin which must be used each time you open the file. It is case sensitive
- Use of the free app Adobe Acrobat Reader for assignments is required for course files. Basic pdf readers are insufficient.
- Android/Laptop Adobe free Download iOS device Adobe free Download
This course is specific to employees at Riding Schools / Equestrian Centres. For the employer, it explains to your staff members, the importance of regulations and how those regulations affect them.
It discusses legal and moral responsibilities of reporting incidents and issues to you and how best to handle various situations should they arise with horses, with other staff members, clients, livery owners, visiting professionals or clients. Together with this it includes an anatomy reminder and individual personal projects on: building dimensions in connection with welfare, physiology and feed records.
The course includes:
- Reasons behind various policies and how policies affect staff personally.
- The importance of responsible reporting.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Safeguarding – what is it and how it affects staff personally.
- Data Protection.
- Bullying, Racism, Stress and Mental Health awareness.
- Social Media – personal / business.
- Equine awareness, reactions, stress behaviour.
- Mindfulness relating to individual equines.
- Equine Anatomy – a reminder
- Physiology and Biomechanics
- Flu & Tet
- Stable and building dimensions awareness
- Feed & Bedding records
It's easy to enrol...