Specialist Course ‘Ride With Confidence’ UPDATES IN PROGRESS (SC1)
|Skill Level||Skill Level 2|
|Number of units/modules||3|
|Total Hours||25 / 45 - dependent on student input|
|Course Duration||Totally flexible - no completion dates. Contact required periodically to maintain an active course.|
|No Attendance or Study Weeks required||Conducted by home study + ability to access to horses locally|
THIS course is being updated and is currently off line. Please contact the office for further information.
This rider psychology course is full of helpful tools to aid all standards of horse rider become more rider confident.
If you want to achieve a goal, overcome apprehension issues or win at competitions this is the course for you.
This specialist course SC1 was originally produced for a training day held by the BHS for Instructors. The writers/tutors offer a free SKYPE session with this course.
We welcome enrolments from:
- Individual horse riders from riding school rider to competition riders
- Professional equine coaches/trainers.
This course will help you:
- Achieve success
- Develop your career if you are already an enlightened coach/instructor.
- Practical self improvement & involvement with assignments, self assessment
- An optional final assignment for Certification.
The knowledge and techniques included on the course have helped literally thousands of riders be more confident and / or get the mental edge in competition.
The course tutors Martin Murphy & Emma Corbett run training groups both here and in Europe. Martin has contributed regularly to Horse & Rider magazine and his work has featured in many other media worldwide. Martin has worked with the BHS on instructor training.
The benefits for instructors/coaches are:
- The use of modern ‘mind training’ ideas to help clients overcome unspoken ridden confidence issues.
- Gain new mind blowing tools and help competition clients achieve new heights.
- Increase your client base by using new tools and winning skills.
- Become the enlightened instructor with that special insight that your clients will talk about.
The benefits for riders can be enormous – so much more confidence in themselves and their horse.
Sometimes the instructor can see there is a confidence issue although the rider has yet to admit it. Often it is never discussed. In fact it is ignored and the rider never moves forwards.
Ideal for horse riders who want to compete and win, or overcome those frustrating times when apprehension causes butterflies.
It is tutored by Martin Murphy a professional life coach and Emma Corbett a professional coach and rider. Martin Murphy & Emma Corbett
- Models for (plans or routes to) achieving peak performance, success and confidence
- Overcoming confidence challenges and hidden apprehension
- Overcoming mental blocks to achieving good results
- Boosting confidence – riding out, in the school, over fences, cross country.
- How to put handles on and understand and manage your feelings
- How to turn your inner critic into your own personal confidence coach
- Fast mental re-programming techniques for resolving painful past memories
- Strategies / a plan of action for changing anxiety ‘triggers’ into confidence boosting states
The art of inner game coaching
Model confidence and find the right pattern to work with
Techniques for self hypnosis
Music to boost confidence
Manage your emotions & feel confident anytime
The secret to permanent powerful states
Reframe negative beliefs into a confidence boosting mindset
Goal setting and actions for confidence
Creating a POWER vision for your success – in life and competition
The confidence skills matrix. A chart showing solutions to help you understand the route to your powers
Delivery & Completion – see main Courses page
It's easy to enrol...