Specialist Course SC9 Preparation for BHS Stage 2 Teaching Award
|Skill Level||Skill Level 2|
|Number of units/modules||2|
|Total Hours||25 / 45 - dependent on student input|
|Course Duration||Totally flexible - no completion dates. Contact required periodically to maintain an active course.|
|No Attendance or Study Weeks required||Conducted by home study + ability to access to horses locally|
Preparation for The BHS Stage 2 Teach Award
This course provides help and guidance on teaching and managing lessons and groups.
It is for those aiming to instruct / coach either on a freelance basis or at a riding school, as well as preparing those aiming to achieve the Teach Award with the BHS or teaching qualifications with other organisations.
- Work at your own speed – in your own time
- No fixed completion dates.
Training for any coaching situation is similar – being prepared is half the victory!
What is the Teach award with the BHS like?
- This is one of the very few only distance courses available which explains what to teach, what to prepare & how to present it.
- Finally, you will find out what to expect right here
- This course provides you with the details of exactly what to expect on assessment day and gives you the tools to achieve a good pass
- Perfect for anyone preparing for professional exams
- Lingfield also provide mini lecture/presentations which are useful for explaining to people at the yard how things should be done. They cover things like safety. These mini lectures/talks are useful for UKCC qualfications and may well be presented to both staff and volunteers who regularly help at the yard. We provide you with information on how to plan and present your talk with ease.
- If you aim to teach in future then this course will help you prepare lessons – give you ideas on how to approach various lessons – lead rein, group, private, jumping and more.
- It explains how people learn and how to handle situations when you have groups of parents watching and who are keen to ‘assist’
- Although it is aimed at those hoping to take the Teach award it is useful for anyone aiming to teach or achieve the UKCC awards.
A unique course – one of the first of it’s kind – nowhere else will you find such a useful and broad ranging distance learning on this topic .
A fabulous course for anyone preparing for their Professional exams. A brilliant tool – especially if your assessment is coming up soon.
- It offers free tutor support and approximately 25-35 hours of study time – depending on student input.
- 2 modules
- Multiple learning tasks and assignments.
- Self assessment, research projects
- Optional final assignment for Certification (tutor assessed)
- Admin fee for optional tutor assessed assignments £15 / £19 Paypal/overseas
What is in it for me?
Enrol now – immediate start. Automated receipt of course files. No waiting.
The benefits of this combined programme are:
Total flexibility to fit in with your family and your life. No fixed completion dates.
You have the confidence that the author of this course has BHS professional qualifications and personal experience – they have been there and done it – they speak from experience. The Teach award course author is highly qualified and has a broad client base.
You also have security in the knowledge that Lingfield Correspondence has been a professional Training Provider since 1996.
Option to achieve Certificate on completion:
- Specialist course Certificate ‘Preparation for the BHS Teach award’
Tutor: Gail West
SYLLABUS Teach Award Preparation – SC9
- Overview of BHS system for teaching – what this means for you in ‘real terms’
- Motivation, Role & Qualities
- How people learn *1
- Teaching styles *2
- Teaching children & adults -The distinction, developmental growth, ability, characteristics, personalities & approach.
- Risk assessments *3
- Presentation/mini lecture/talks topics for volunteers or staff *4. Examples & supporting notes
- Where to train
- The Voice & Body Language
- Reading body language *5.
- School rules, commands and movements *6.
- Teaching / Instructing / Coaching / Training – The difference
- Lesson structure and planning *7
- Assembling a Ride
- Planning types of Lessons *8
- Dealing with outside influences, normal issues and unexpected problems
- Assessment day tips & advice
- Evaluation & self reflection
* Research Projects:
- The Learning Cycle
- Teaching Styles
- Risk Assessments
- Body Language
- Rules, commands & exercises
- General lesson planning
- Assessment day lesson planning
© Copyright 2014 Gail West & Lingfield Correspondence
All rights reserved. No part of this website or related publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.,
It's easy to enrol...