Specialist Course The Responsible Groom
|Fee £35||NON Members fee|
|Difficulty||Skill Level 1-2 - Beyond Foundation|
|Number of units/modules||5 Modules: 1 delivered on enrolment.|
|Total Hours||4-5 hours (4-5 weeks) dependent on student input|
|Duration||Totally flexible - no fixed completion dates|
|Practical Activities/Research||Practical research on Records, Vaccinations and Animal Welfare Act|
|Lingfield Certificate||Lingfield digital|
The Responsible Groom
Lingfield is now able to offer this course as an open access course for any groom/coach/trainee instructor or employer. ABRS membership is not required
Distance learning to future proof your business
Build skills for today, tomorrow and beyond
Fast : Economic : Flexible completion dates
Training for professional coach / trainee instructors / grooms / volunteers & helpers / employers who require a local authority licence to run their business
Certificated course – 2019 / 2020
Lingfield Equine Distance Learning partnered with The Association of British Riding Schools to provide a training and cpd course.
A short professionally produced course for those beyond foundation level.
A training course for professional coaches / trainee coach-instructors / grooms / volunteers & helpers / employers
- Special pilot year offer £35 (£68 from Summer 2020)
- Easy and user friendly
- Provides proof of training or cpd
- Digital Certification
Produced specifically for:
- Trekking Centres, Riding Schools, Holiday Centres, Pony Centres and clubs, Pony or Donkey Ride providers, Riding Experience venues, Pony Party leaders etc. i.e. any business which hires out horses, ponies, donkeys, mules for riding, even if being lead, or for riding lessons.
- This includes those that hire out equines for hacks, trekking, loan horses, pony parties (where the ponies are ridden), hunter hirelings, polo/polocrosse instruction and pony hire, pony and donkey rides all of whom require a local authority licence.
- Licensing now requires annual proof of training and cpd for which this course has been produced.
Who needs this course:
Freelance instructors, trainees, grooms, helpers and yard workers who work for or freelance for employers who run any of the above
The course for 2019-2020 includes topics relevant specifically to your business and work. Most topics are extra to the normal sphere of general equine management and do not in general duplicate regular equine training.
The economical way to provide certificated proof of staff training, to abide by current legislation and to avoid staff having to travel to and from/attending set training courses.
On completion, you / your staff member, volunteer or worker will have a better understanding of how important their work is in today’s regulated world and, just as importantly, why those regulations are in place.
The material incorporates the rarely discussed details of how yard workers responsibilities relating to yard policies, teamwork, awareness of current regulations and mindfulness of the welfare of others both human and animal impact not only on the horses but on the workers themselves.
The course will be of real benefit not only to your staff members – but by default, to you their employer.
- Staff guided online integrated training
- No loss of full working days
- Flexible completion dates
- Easy online enrolment
- Immediate start
- Online debit card payment preferred please.
What does it provide for the employer?
- Proof of training for legislation purposes
- Staff / self regulated & guided training, integrated with work timetable
- Provider checked online assignments for Lingfield Certification
- Negligible employer input throughout
- Digital and Printable Certification of annual training and cpd
How does it work?
- It’s simple – just download, open and read through the files as and when they arrive in your inbox.
- The use of laptop/ipad etc., and keyboard is recommended for this course.
- Why? Mobile phone use is generally thought to be incompatible with non responsive text.
- Lingfield Tutor checks assignment
- Notifies student of successful completion
- Employer or student applies to Lingfield for certification with £5 admin fee by Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Notes to Employer and Students
- Completion may be time limited by your employer. Students must check with employer.
- The initial file links are ‘time limited’ to 3 days from enrolment. You must save the files to your own device.
- File links are limited to 3 download attempts (3 clicks) per establishment.
- Files must be SAVED to your device
- If using an ipad save to the Adobe App and then open – using the password provided in the email, or
- If using a laptop, saved to downloads into a documents folder & use the Adobe App to open the file – using the password provided in the email.
- Staff must confirm immediately to their employer and to Lingfield that they have saved and can re-open their file.
- No confirmation = No certification.
- Basic equine management skills.
- Email address
- A keyboard and laptop / ipad,
- Adobe Acrobat Reader app is required for working on course assignments.
- Ability to access and save pdf documents.
- Minimum age 16 (or 14 if approved by the admin office & employer confirms).
TEST: Use this password protected document as a test for Adobe Reader App., downloading, saving, & reopening files similar to the course files.
- Make sure you can re-access the file once saved.
- The password to open the test file is RedRobin which must be used each time you open the file. It is case sensitive. This is not the same as your course file password!
- Use of the free app Adobe Acrobat Reader for assignments is required for course files. Basic pdf readers are insufficient.
- Android/Laptop Adobe free Download iOS device Adobe free Download
This course is specific to employees at Riding Schools / Equestrian Centres. For the employer, it explains to your staff members, the importance of regulations and how those regulations affect them.
It discusses legal and moral responsibilities of reporting incidents and issues to you and how best to handle various situations should they arise with horses, with other staff members, clients, livery owners, visiting professionals or clients. Together with this it includes an anatomy reminder and individual personal projects on: building dimensions in connection with welfare, physiology and feed records.
The course includes:
- Responsible reporting
- Interpersonal skills
- Safeguarding.Data Protection
- Bullying, Racism, Stress and Mental Health awareness
- Social Media – personal / business
- Equine awareness, reactions, stress behaviour
- Mindfulness relating to individual equines
- Anatomy – a reminder
- Physiology & Biomechanics
- Recording & Reporting
- Rules & Regulations
- Mindful Morning Checks
- Flu & Tet
- Stable/building dimensions
- Feed & Bedding records
It's easy to enrol...