Specialist Course – The Responsible Groom / CPD £35.00
|Fee £35||Open access|
|Difficulty||Skill Level 1-2 - Beyond Foundation|
|Number of units/modules||5 Modules: 1 delivered on enrolment.|
|Total Hours||4-5 hours dependent on student input|
|Duration||Totally flexible - no fixed completion dates|
|Practical Activities/Research||Practical personal research on Records, Vaccinations and Animal Welfare Act|
|Lingfield Certificate||Lingfield digital|
The Responsible Groom
An open access course for: freelance, self employed groom/coach/trainee instructor or employer, volunteer or pony party helper / organiser. CPD & Training. No memberships required.
- Distance learning to future proof your business
- Build skills for today, tomorrow and beyond
- Fast : Economic : Flexible completion dates
Certificated course – 2019 / 2020
Lingfield Equine Distance Learning partnered with The Association of British Riding Schools to provide a training and cpd course.
A short professionally produced course for those beyond foundation level.
- Easy and user friendly
- Provides proof of training or cpd
- Digital Certification on completion of final assessment
- 5 modules
- laptop/ipad with adobe acrobat reader required.
Licensing now requires proof of training and cpd for which this course has been produced. Those with specific facilities may obtain a 3 year application but most require annual licensing.
Produced specifically for:
- Trekking Centres, Riding Schools, Holiday Centres, Pony Centres and clubs, Pony or Donkey Ride providers, Riding Experience venues, Pony Party leaders etc.
- i.e. any business which hires out horses, ponies, donkeys & mules for riding, even if being lead, or for riding lessons.
- This includes those establishments that hire out equines for any of the above including loan horses, pony parties (where the ponies are ridden), hunter hirelings, polo/polocrosse instruction and pony hire, pony and donkey rides all of which require a local authority licence.
What is the purpose of this course?:
- The economical way to provide certificated proof of training,
- Enables employers to abide by current licence legislation.
- Avoids staff / freelancer staff having to travel to and from/attending set training courses.
- A simple cpd course for all involved in hire establishments.
Who uses this course:
Business owners /managers for their wokers; Grooms; Instructors; Leaders; Freelance instructors; Trainees; Ride leaders; Voluteers; Helpers and Yard Workers.
The course for 2019-2020 includes topics relevant specifically to your business and work. Most topics are outside the normal sphere of general equine management.
The course is aimed specifically at the type of establishment which works with clients and customers. It explains why you may have general business ‘policies’ in place, the importance of teamwork, is so important to both staff members and employers.
The course will be of real benefit not only to your staff members – but by default, to you their employer.
- Staff guided online integrated training
- No loss of working days
- Work at your own speed in your own time
- Flexible completion dates
- Easy online enrolment
- Immediate start
- Online debit card payment preferred please.
What does it provide for your employer/s?
- Proof of training for legislation purposes – see 5 below.
- Self regulated & guided training, integrated with work timetable
- Provider checked online assignments for Lingfield Certification
- Feedback provided will improve your understanding and skills
- If this is a requirement for licensing, your employer should pay for this course for you.
- Digital, Printable Certification for annual training and cpd
How does it work?
- It’s simple – just download, open and read through the files as and when they arrive in your inbox.
- The use of laptop/ipad etc., and keyboard is recommended for this course.
- Why? Mobile phone use is generally thought to be incompatible with non responsive text.
- Lingfield Tutor checks assignment
- Notifies student of successful completion
- Apply to Lingfield for certification with £5 admin fee by Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Notes to Employer and Students
- Completion may in some circumstances be time limited by your employer. Check with employer.
- The initial file links are ‘time limited’ to 3 days from enrolment.
- You must save the files to your own device.
- File links are limited to 3 download attempts (3 clicks) per establishment.
- Files must be SAVED to your device
- If using an ipad save to the Adobe App and then open – using the password provided in the email, or
- If using a laptop, saved to downloads into a documents folder & use the Adobe App to open the file – using the password provided in the email.
- Staff must confirm immediately to their employer and to Lingfield that they have saved and can re-open their file.
- No confirmation = No certification.
- Basic equine management skills.
- Email address
- A keyboard and laptop / ipad,
- Adobe Acrobat Reader app is required for working on course assignments.
- Ability to access and save pdf documents.
- Minimum age 16 (or 14 if approved by the admin office & employer confirms).
- Android/Laptop Adobe free Download iOS device Adobe free Download
This course is specific to employees at Riding Schools / Equestrian Centres. For the employer, it explains to your staff members, the importance of regulations and how those regulations affect them.
It discusses legal and moral responsibilities of reporting incidents and issues to you and how best to handle various situations should they arise with horses, with other staff members, clients, livery owners, visiting professionals or clients. Together with this it includes an anatomy reminder and individual personal projects on: building dimensions in connection with welfare, physiology and feed records.
The course includes:
- Responsible reporting
- Interpersonal skills
- Safeguarding.Data Protection
- Bullying, Racism, Stress and Mental Health awareness
- Social Media – personal / business
- Equine awareness, reactions, stress behaviour
- Mindfulness relating to individual equines
- Anatomy – a reminder
- Physiology & Biomechanics
- Recording & Reporting
- Rules & Regulations
- Mindful Morning Checks
- Flu & Tet
- Stable/building dimensions
- Feed & Bedding records
It's easy to enrol...