Specialist Course Train Your Own Horse £68
|Skill Level||Novice to Intermediate|
|Number of units/modules||2 plus unlimited video feedback|
|Total Hours||1/2 a week - dependent on your time availability|
|Course Duration||Totally flexible - no fixed completion dates.|
|No Attendance or Study Weeks required||None - except ability to ride in own time|
|Video Coaching from Senara Caddy||Yes - free|
Train your own horse – Work as a team
Would you like a weekly lesson but don’t have the time or money?
That weekly lesson is right here! You simply enrol and you choose the time and the place.
- Do you love your horse?
- Would you like to make your horse an even better horse?
- Would you like to work as an even more harmonious pair?
- Wouldn’t you love it if you and your horse understood each others language?
With this course you could make it all happen.
- You could help your friend improve her horse too with the sharers option
- You could have someone advise you personally on how to improve your horse
- You could send in your videos – no need to have your own arena – a field is fine.
Your course instructor is Senara is an experienced well qualified BHS coach. Senara is here to help with video coaching on a one to one basis. Friendly and approachable with years of helping people of all standard.
What’s in it for me?
- Work at your own speed in your own time.
- No fixed completion dates – totally flexible and no hassle.
- Take a break when life gets hectic – pick it up again when things calm down.
- Optional certificate on completion
- Improve your horse and your riding. Help your friend improve too.
- Re-school or re-train your own horse.
- Get help with an older or untrained horses.
- No more getting bored in the arena.
- Get up to date with new and interesting exercises & training tools.
- Simply & easily improve your dressage.
Access the course time and again once downloaded. Use it over and over and with different horses. No time limitations.
NEW SHARERS OPTION: Enrol on this course with a friend – extra person fee is just £32.
- Shared option basically means 2 courses for £100.
- Work together, video each other, support each other.
- The shared option – email email@example.com
- Both of you work through the course at more or less the same speed so that you complete at the same time. Assignments checked, at the same time.
- There is no rush though, and you could even skip those bits of the course that do not work for you.
- Send as many videos as you wish as you work through the course. Both students should email any videos at the same time so that it’s viable for your tutor time-wise.
Let’s face it whether we are new owners or experienced riders, we could all do with a bit of help and a few new ideas now and again – and that applies to both you and your horse. There is always something new to learn.
Video Coaching is included in this course – it’s free. Our well qualified and experienced senior coach Senara Caddy provides one to one coaching feedback of your video sessions. You and your friend can work together – it’s fun and you will learn more about your horse.
Send videos as and when you wish and to ask how to fix things. Senara will support you and provide feedback and assistance. Senara, is a BHS Senior Coach who has worked at top levels both here overseas. Few people have such an opportunity to work with this sort of trainer – don’t let it slide past you.
The hidden aids:
- Professional riders seem to achieve brilliant ridden work without even moving a muscle.
- Most top competitors do not publicly discuss the importance of hidden aids
- You could learn about those hidden aids these successful riders rarely talk about;
- Now’s your chance to learn. Enrol now – immediate start.
You’ll find out:
- How your horse learns
- How to know if your horse is happy in his work
- Whether he is in pain when you are riding and training
- How to use a 20 Minute plan for when you are short of time
Are you and your horse stuck in the same old rut?
- If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you always got.
In other words: If you always give those messages to your horse in the same way, he or she will always respond in the same way. If you always ride the same way, your horse will always be the same way too.
- If you want it to change, make that change NOW – enrol today and start immediately.
If you don’t change the way you do things, everything will simply stay the same. Only if you make things different can you change the way things happen. That is what training your horse is about – making tiny changes, some so small that no one can see. Here on this course you will find your friendly one to one tutor support – Senara will help you make any tiny changes that will help you succeed.
Tools of the Trade: The course includes a variety of Tools and School Exercises. Everyone of any standard can benefit from these arena exercises
Assignments, Practical Activities and Research:
You will have personal access to the online Lingfield Student Research folder for this course.
What is expected of me as I work on the course?
- That you will enjoy your riding time. That you will ensure your horse also enjoys your riding time.
- That you will take time to do the simple easy things as well as the new more challenging ones.
- That you will practice in bite sized chunks as and when you have time and it fits with your life.
- That you have the patience to realise that if it didn’t go according to plan today you can try again tomorrow
- That you always finish today on a good note.
- That you always remember if the last thing your horse remembers and ‘associates with’ is a bad feeling from you, he or she is unlikely to be keen to repeat the exercise. Always finish on that good note no matter how small and simple it is.
- That you either send in video’s or just occasionally contact Senara to let her know how you and your horse are doing.
To achieve certificates on completion, students must be able to
- Print documents
- Use Adobe forms and
- Save files to Adobe Acrobat – it is free and simple and you probably use it already!
here is a help video https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/how-to/mobile-pdf.html
NOTE: Once you download the file you will have it forever.
The first file is time limited. You MUST save the file rather than simply opening it.
You are encouraged to achieve a certificate on completion of this course but it is not essential – it is more important to simply enjoy your riding and your horse.
Author Tutor: Senara Caddy
READ MORE – Read on for full details before enrolling.
A really comprehensive course in easy to read language. Both you and your horse will understand and benefit.
It explains in easy to read language what all these terms are and what they mean to you in every day riding. Two friends can work together on a course and video each other.
The course is surprisingly extensive and in depth yet simple to take on board and will therefore improve your riding and training skills.
- What exactly is Schooling or Training – find out how easy it is
- Tools for Schooling – what are they and how to use them like the professionals
- A variety of tools are included throughout the course
- How to be a thinking rider
- Your Position & Jumping Position
- Aids – and hidden messages the professionals use.
- Muscle Memory – what it is & how to improve it.
- 20 Minute Schooling programme
- Lateral work : Half Halts
- Learn to know when your horse is in pain
- Winter Groundwork
- Rhythm – what is it and how to maintain it
- How Your Horse Moves
- Modern Training techniques = Building Blocks – Scales of Training –
- On The Forehand – so what exactly is that?
- Building Blocks to success = Rhythm = Suppleness = Troubleshooting
- Top Line Suppleness
- Trouble Shooting
- Contact -& Outline what exactly are they? Overcoming Problems
- Lateral Work
- Poles & Jumping Prep
- Exercise 1-22
- Research/Practical activities
- Research Activity 1 – Training Scale
- Research Activity 2 – Schooling Score
- Research Activity 3 – Recording Suppleness
- Research Activity 4 – Long; Low; Engagement
- Research Activity 5 – Assessing Contact
- Research Activity 6 – Lateral Movements
Plus Personal Practical Activities 1 – 6
- The classical seat
- Positional checks
- Horse Awareness
- Facial Expressions
- Weight & balance
- Personal Space
Lingfield Train Your Horse students have personal access to the online Lingfield student research folder for this course.
It's easy to enrol...