Subsidised Training Horses & Equine Management
|Skill Level||Skill Level = Further Education Level|
|No. of Units / Modules||9|
|Total Hours||3-6 hours a week ridden / study time. (Dependent on student input say 5-10 months)|
|Course Duration||Totally flexible - no completion dates. Contact required periodically to maintain an active course.|
|No Attendance or Study Weeks required||Conducted by home study & Riding your own horse|
|Subsidised Fee - In full or instalments||Instalment option: UK Bank standing order only see dropdown arrow on right|
Training Horses Skills + Equine Management
2 x courses – one combined enrolment. Subsidised fee: £228 (4 x £57 or 3 x £76)
- 1 x Training / Riding skills course – usual fee £68
- 1 x Equine Care & Management course – usual fee £210 (just £160 in this combined programme)
- Work at your own speed
- In your own time
- No fixed completion date
Broaden your knowledge & skills set. Gain improved ridden skills & broaden your equine management knowledge.
Ideal for the novice or more experienced rider.
Friends will notice a change in your confidence and an improvement in your horse.
Fast track option for experienced people (Quote Code RS2). Choose payment in full or instalment option via dropdown list – initial payment by card with balance on standing order.
Why is this course subsidised:
Training Provider ‘Lingfield Correspondence’ has subsidised this course fee to assist professional students who are training on a part time basis for their BHS or ABRS qualifications. However, anyone can take advantage of the subsidy by enrolling and completing the Equine Involvement form which will be sent with your welcome mail on completion of your registration on our system.
These courses are professionally produced by equine industry experts – yet offer a friendly and informal step by step approach to distance learning. We provide hands on personal tutor contact – we do not simply offer online assessment. All taken by distance learning. This programme has the added advantage of one to one riding video assessment & coaching with your tutor. Few courses are so comprehensive and include video lessons with your tutor.
Refresh / update your horse training techniques.
Equally ideal for the really motivated novice or the experienced person
Comprehensive up to date equine studies + aids, schooling exercises and patterns
- Flexibility to work at your own speed in your own time
- Easy to read and easy to learn course material
- No fixed completion dates
- No rush – no hassle
- Take a break when life gets hectic – pick it up again when things are more settled
- Free one to one friendly tutor support throughout
- Multiple learning tasks and assignments with self assessment guides throughout
- Optional final marked assignments for Certification on each course & Diploma
- Further support available even after you complete
Approximately 1800 pages of easy to read text within these 9 modules/sections or study packs. Plus dozens of interesting tasks, projects and assignments with optional assignments for Certification & Diploma. To complete written assignments you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Considered the most comprehensive equine care & management + riding/schooling distance learning programme available in the UK at this level.
Check the fully detailed syllabus for each course below
- Level 1 Equine Care & Management details & syllabus 7 modules
- Training Horses / Riding Skills Course 2 modules
Who are these courses for:
Those aiming to work in the industry as well as those who require practical and broad ranging information on equine management in real life – for the horse owner or yard manager.
Together with this the Training / Riding skills course provides detailed information on the finer points of the aids and how to improve yourself as a rider. It includes Muscle Memory & Hidden Aids, in fact it reaches the parts many courses don’t teach.
This programme provides the student with a genuine and workmanlike knowledge as opposed to providing a more restrictive career pathway for students whose aim is purely to achieve exam results and qualifications. This is for real life riders in real life situations with horses who are not all the same and riders whose riding varies as much as their horses characters.
Course 1. Level 1 Equine Care & Management
Course 2. Training your horse & Improving Your Riding
How to improve your horse & your techniques?
A NEW COURSE FROM a professionally qualified & experienced trainer/coach:
Course Code SC2
- Are you experienced – but your horse needs a few tweeks
- Do you get bored just going round and round the arena?
- Does your horse need more training?
- Is he/she young and needs improving.
If you answered ‘Yes’ help is right here.
- Are you a new owner?
- Are not sure of the best way to go about training a horse?
- Do you get confused with different advice from others at the yard?
- Do you have a young horse and need new ideas on how best to train?
- Would you like to improve your riding or your dressage scores?
If you answered ‘Yes’ help is right here.
Let’s face it we could all do with a bit of help now and again – and that applies to both you and your horse. What’s more you don’t necessarily need an arena to ride in or for training your horse!
Video coaching is included in this course – it’s free. Our highly qualified and experienced coach – Senara Caddy is here to help improve your techniques on a one to one basis.
Improve your techniques this Winter – why leave it till next Summer.
What’s in this combined course programme for me?
- Subsidised fees
- Enrol now – immediate start.
- Automatic receipt of course files.
- No waiting. Optional Certificates on completion.
The Entry requirements and benefits of this combined programme are:
2 courses for one subsidised enrolment fee.
The Syllabus for Level 1 course is shown below
This is the Syllabus for the Training course
The Level 1 course syllabus is full of depth and detail well beyond what might be expected at this level.
Our most popular course for leisure riders and career student. In fact, so confident are we that this is the best value course available at this level, we offer a refund if you show us a similar & more comprehensive course at the same level.
Keeping overheads low is one of our aims, this helps to keep our fees so low. We are professionals in the ever changing world of training. We provide courses which suite those who may not be aiming for a career in the equine world but want the benefit of the theory knowledge provided by professionally produced courses.
- Psychology and Behaviour. General care relating to stress.
- Care and Requirements of the stabled horse.
- Modern bedding materials & their uses + *
- Importance of Routine relating to a stable yard and stabled horses.
- Safety in stable, yard and when handling, riding and caring for equines.
- Health & Safety.
- Points of the Horse +* Breeds and Types +* Colours and Markings +*
- Buying a new horse/pony for the 1st or 2nd time buyer.
- Passports for horses. Approved Livery Yards.
- Livery Yard guidance.
- Sample contracts.
- Reasons for shoeing & regular farrier visits.
- Problems caused by irregular attention to feet.
- Grooming – Reasons and principles. Thorough Grooming, Strapping and Quartering.
- Signs of Health and Ill Health.
- When to call the vet. Your horses relationship with the vet.
- 1st Aid. Do you Know the Norm.
- Minor injuries and ailments – modern products for injuries*
- Feeding and Watering – Rules and explanations.
- Types of Feed and their uses
- Cereals and straights – what to use and when.
- Feeding for Light Work, Manufacturer’s advertising leaflets*
- Feed product +*names and what they mean
- Hay, Haylage, Horsehage etc – use and storage
- Care of the horse at grass.
- Fields and Paddocks suitable for horses and ponies.
- Worming – modern approaches, lab tests. 3 Year Worming programme
- Tack & tack fitting – nosebands/martingales etc.+*
- Rugs and rugging – fitting of rugs in detail.
- Bits & bitting. Types and reasons for use. Importance of fit.+*
- Care of tack. Problems cause by ill fitting tack.+*
- Saddles & saddle fitting * in depth saddle fitting assignment.
- Practical: 30 minute Tack Session – see below.
- Road Safety* courtesy.
- Preparation for road riding.
- Towing Trailers.
- Returning from a ride – Care of the hot horse – modern approaches
+* Denotes inclusion of research project.
* Denotes research project also required
Enrolled students may request access after 14 days to the online Lingfield Student Research Folder
Tack Session is easy and is completed to achieve a certificate / diploma.
- Students use a local instructor to oversee the session – it is not a test.
- With the motivated student the instructor could involve horse and rider.
- At the most basic however, it can be completed as a tack cleaning workshop in 30 minutes.
It's easy to enrol...