Specialist Course ABRS The Responsible Groom – My Equine CPD
|Payments for this course accepted from proprietors only.||If you are not an ABRS proprietor you must enrol on the Non Members course|
|Fee £20 - ABRS Proprietor paying for staff||1 - or 2 ABRS students working in tandem|
|Difficulty||Skill Level 1-2 - Beyond Foundation|
|Number of units/modules||5 Modules: 1 delivered on enrolment.|
|Total Hours||4-5 hours (4-5 weeks) dependent on student input|
|Duration||Totally flexible - no fixed completion dates|
|Practical Activities/Research||Practical research on Records, Vaccinations and Animal Welfare Act|
|ABRS Certificate||ABRS digital|
The Responsible Groom
ABRS members payments only offer. This offer is only available to proprietors who are paying for their staff personally.
A short professionally produced CPD course for ABRS grooms and stable staff beyond foundation level.
Please Note: Payable by Proprietor only.
Distance learning to future proof your business
Build skills for today, tomorrow and beyond
Fast, economical, flexible completion dates
Lingfield Equine Distance Learning partnered with The Association of British Riding Schools for this pilot 2019/2020. Affordable Certificated Equine Training & CPD course 2019-2020.
‘The Responsible Groom’ course provides Certificated Equine CPD for ABRS grooms/staff 2019 & 2020.
- £20 per course –
- 2 staff (on payroll) at same establishment may share = £10 per employee
- Flexible enough to fit around your quieter working days
- Fees for this course are accepted from ABRS members only
- email Lingfield with name of riding school & last 4 letters of ABRS member access code.
- Employees: If fee not being paid personally by an ABRS member, enrol on the NON MEMBER open course
The course for 2019-2020 includes topics relevant specifically to your business and work. Most topics are extra to the normal sphere of general equine management and do not in general duplicate regular equine training.
The economical way to provide certificated proof of staff training, to abide by current legislation and to avoid staff having to travel to and from/attending set training courses.
On completion, you / your staff member, volunteer or worker will have a better understanding of how important their work is in today’s regulated world and, just as importantly, why those regulations are in place.
The material incorporates the rarely discussed details of how yard workers responsibilities relating to yard policies, teamwork, awareness of current regulations and mindfulness of the welfare of others both human and animal impact not only on the horses but on the workers themselves.
The course will be of real benefit not only to your staff members – but by default, to you their employer.
Before enrolling staff:
This offer is for ABRS members (proprietors) only. The ABRS member (the employer) MUST pay for this course personally to obtain the offer.
If you are an employee, and paying for yourself via your own paypal account, you must enrol on the grooms CPD course. The fee for that course is £35 including Lingfield Certificate. The £20 option here is only for courses paid for by ABRS Proprietor members.
If you are not a member of the ABRS you cannot take up this offer.
Prior to enrolling your staff member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org – Include
- Your name (ABRS member), Centre name & county
- Last 4 letters of your ABRS access code,
- Names, emails and home address/es of the person/s you are paying for – the student/s.
- To enable us to verify your student’s email address/es they must (the same day) also email Lingfield courses from their own email address (or from the email address they will use for their course)
- Staff guided online integrated training
- No loss of full working days
- Flexible completion dates
- Easy online enrolment
- Immediate start
- Online card payment
What does it provide for the ABRS employer?
- Proof of training for legislation purposes
- Staff regulated & guided training, integrated with work timetable
- Provider checked online assignments for ABRS Certification
- Negligible employer input throughout
- ABRS Certificates – Digital and Printable
- 2 ABRS staff members may share a course for just £20 per course.
- A saving of £50 per 2 employees for ABRS members
Who needs this course:
“Businesses which hire out horses for riding or for riding lessons. This includes riding schools and those that hire out horses, trekking, loan horses, pony parties (but only where the ponies are ridden), hunter hirelings, polo/polocrosse instruction and pony hire, pony and donkey rides.”
How does it work?
- It’s simple – just read through the files as and when they arrive in your inbox.
- Staff should try the test document below so that they are ready to use the actual course files. It is only a test document. You will be provided with your own personal password to access courses.
- Lingfield Tutor checks assignment
- Notifies employer & ABRS of successful completion
- Employer applies to ABRS for certification
Important Notes to Employer and Students
- 2 students may share a course via the lead student. They are responsible for sharing and completion of the course at the same time. This is mandatory.
- Completion may be related to annual license renewal. Students must check with employer.
- The initial file links are ‘time limited’ to 3 days from enrolment. You must save the file to your own device.
- File links are also limited to 3 download attempts (3 clicks) per establishment.
- Files must be SAVED (simply opening thee file does not save it)
- If using an ipad save to the downloads or Adobe App and then opened – using the password,
- If using a laptop, save to downloads & into a documents folder then open using password.
- This is important:
- Staff must confirm immediately both to their employer and to Lingfield that they have saved and can re-open their file.
- Only when we have these confirmation emails can we finalise your legal sales transaction
- No confirmation to Lingfield = no certification.
- Basic equine management skills.
- Email address
- A keyboard and laptop / ipad,
- Adobe Acrobat Reader app is required for working on course assignment.
- Ability to access and save online documents.Minimum age 16 (employer confirms).
Not sure about saving documents? – here is a TEST DOCUMENT This is an example of the type of file you will receive.
- Make sure you can re-access the file once saved.
- The password to open the file is RedRobin which must be used each time you open the file. It is case sensitive. This is not the same as your course password !
- Use of the free app Adobe Acrobat Reader for assignments is required for course files. Basic pdf readers are insufficient.
- Android/Laptop Adobe free Download iOS device Adobe free Download
- Policies – what you need to know
- Responsible reporting
- Interpersonal skills
- Safeguarding.Data Protection
- Bullying, Racism, Stress and Mental Health awareness
- Social Media – personal / business
- Equine awareness, reactions, stress behaviour
- Mindfulness relating to individual equines
- Anatomy – a reminder
- Physiology & Biomechanics
- Recording & Reporting
- Rules & Regulations
- Mindful Morning Checks
- Flu & Tet
- Stable/building dimensions
- Feed & Bedding records
It's easy to enrol...